OAOAST TMW: A comedy/erotic e-fed

OAOAST.com Pre-AngleMania Exclusive~!

Chanel #99

OAOAST Productions, Proudly Presents...
#~~THE LOVE SHACK~~#

Sat at his old desk for the first time in... yikes, it's been a while, ain't it! Anyway, back at his old desk in the most remote of locations in the backstage area of Skydome, a mere 20 something hours before the biggest event in OAOAST history™, sits Leon Rodez. Casually dressed in a pair of dark grey slacks and a retro Thrillogy t-shirt Leon furrows his brow as he tries to set up a wireless connection to the internet on his PSP. You can never find an access point when you need one, trust me. Eventually he gives up, just now noticing the camera fixed on him and entering 'showbiz mode'.

RODEZ
HEY everybody! Ten months on and the shack finally returns! Has it really been that long? Man alive, let's hope I've still got the magic. Yes, I am your host here on The Love Shack, Leon Rodez. There is nothing special about me, I am just a little star. A little star in a gigantic stratosphere known the world over as AngleMania VI, set to eminate from right here in Skydome, Toronto, Ontario Cana...

Trailing off, Leon notices the big street sign looming over him. And it doesn't read Toronto.

RODEZ
...oh, that's right. I'm in Grand Rapids, aren't I? Sorry, I haven't done this for a while. Well, if The Heavenly Rockers can have a Sin City Street Fight in Toronto, I can sure as hell do a Grand Rapids Love Shack. Anyway, regardless of where I may or may not be right now, AngleMania VI is on the horizon and man, what a card I've been told by OAOAST officials to tell you that it will be!! We've got titles on the line, tournament finals, grudge matches, battle royals, returning legends, returning me, Christopher Daniels... wait, Christopher Daniels!? (checks notes) That must be a typo surely... (re-checks notes) ...looks geniune enough. Hey, I guess if D-Lo Brown and Bradshaw can win our Tag Titles, why not have Christopher Daniels reffing?

Leon shrugs his shoulders, as if to say 'hey, I didn't book it'.

RODEZ
Now, of course, it's a big night for everybody in the OAOAST. Well, everybody who got booked, at least. And it's a very special night for me in particular. I think it's been documented well enough what I've gone through to get to this point, where finally I'm ready lace those boots back up and step back into a wrestling ring for the first time in what's now approaching five months. And it's been well documented what it'll mean to me to get back just in time for AngleMania. Todd Cortez, you're a man of few words. You're happy to let the Landon Maddixes and the Bruce Blanks do your talking for you, while you concentrate on business. But the few words that you have said since Syndicated were enough to last five months for me. What was it that you said, that first HeldDOWN~! after, while I was still laid up in a hospital bed not knowing how much damage you'd really done to my neck and how permanent it would be? I think it was something alone the lines of 'with every action, there is a reaction'. Then come AngleMania, you're in for one HELL of a reaction buddy! Zack already reacted in my absence and I'm sure he would have wanted nothing other than for you to suffer a similar fate. He's an emotional guy. I'm glad you've been through that already. Because for me, there's nothing that'd please me more than to simply beat you in front of tens of thousands of fans in Skydome, 1, 2, 3. Pain is temporary. Trust me, I know. But the legacy of me gaining my revenge with a fair, just victory is going to last a lifetime in the record books. And at least the rest of yours.

Suddenly Leon perks up after that serious monologue.

RODEZ
But it wouldn't be The Love Shack if I didn't have guests to lay down the hype with me! And I'm glad to say, I've got two of those very guests with me here for this special pre-AngleMania Shack. Two participants in the sixteen man Money In The Bank Battle Royal and two names synonymous with the OAOAST, Dan Black and Tony Brannigan, the incomparable BLACK T everyone!!

Hail, the return of the canned applause! Black T emerge to whoops and cheers from what sounds like a full Skydome crowd, prompting Leon to signal off camera for the OAOAST ring crew lackey he collared earlier to turn down the sound system a touch. A little bemused by all this, Black and Brannigan park themselves down on the leather seats provided.

RODEZ
Tony, Dan, welcome to The Shack, pleasure to have OAOAST royalty like yourselves on the show!

Dan and Tony don't respond.

RODEZ
So, big night tommorrow night at AngleMania. Tony, your fifth straight AngleMania appearance. No idea what happened to you around Mania III Dan, you certainly should have been defending your prestigious Adrenaline Title... whatever that was.  You're both entered in the 16 Man Money In The Bank Battle Royal, with the winner getting one of those contracts that's all the rage all of a sudden giving you one guaranteed World Title shot whenever your heart desires. What's the plan guys, fill us in.

BLACK
Throw everyone else over the top.

RODEZ
Yeah... that might work. Okay. Well, just feel free to say something if I interrupt you at all. Obviously, only one of your can win the Money In The Bank contract, what I should really have asked is if you we can expect to see Dan Black and Tony Brannigan doing battle on the biggest stage of them all? Or is there a contingency plan if you two wind up the final two in the match?

BRANNIGAN
That's for us to know and for everybody else to find out, little man.

RODEZ
Okay, it's just that, the past few months, there's been a little bit of... tension between you two.

BLACK
Now tha...

BRANNIGAN
Yeah, there's been a little tension.

Looking a little surprised at this admission from his partner, Black shifts in his seat towards T-Bod.

BRANNIGAN
You know, ever since I lost that OAOAST World Heavyweight Championship to Axel, I've been chasing and chasing. I've chased after that title for damn near two years now, to no avail. Dan's been chasing after that World Title all his career, again, to no avail. Everybody knows me and Dan, we're the best tag team in OAOAST history. We are OAOAST royalty, it's no fancy introduction piece! The tension isn't between me and Dan, it's tension because we're sick and damn tired of being also-rans! Which is why we sat down over the past week and we talked things through. Black T have come a long way together. We've rode all the roads, fought all the big names, put our names down in the history books. And we've come to a crossroads in our career. Which is why we came to a decision.

BLACK
That's right. Black T, the greatest tag team in this company's history and we will be remembered as that. Over all the others. The Global Party Exchanges, the Miracle Weirdness Connections, the New New Midnights Blonds or whatever the hell they're calling themselves these days. We were the best! And we don't wanna be anything other.

RODEZ
So, what are you guys saying exactly?

BRANNIGAN
What we're saying kid is that tommorrow night, it's do or die for Black T. We could chase and chase the glory days until we're on the verge of breaking down in the middle of that ring and all people would remember is the legacy. So, we're having one more crack. One last shot. If neither of us wins Money In The Bank, that's it.

Understandably Leon seems a little surprised (and secretly out of his mind in delight at getting this massive scoop) and lets that announcement sink in.

RODEZ
When you say that's it, you mean that's it period? Because, that's a mighty big promise guys.

BRANNIGAN
It's one we're gonna keep. No 'loser leaves town', no 90 day stipulations like the Street Fight. Me and Dan have got jobs waiting for us, don't get me wrong. We've got offers of jobs behind the scenes up to our eyeballs and to be honest, if me or Dan can't win Money In The Bank, we'll be ready for them. A couple of weeks ago on HeldDOWN~! we came out and we were left standing in the middle of that ring. Black T were on top. But we've been on top before but come up short when it matters and we've said no more. We don't win and we'll pull ourselves off the active roster and we'll set about devoting ourselves to the OAOAST from the inside, just like we've done on the outside for years. And Black T will go out with dignity.

BLACK
But lets get one thing straight Rodez, we haven't come to Toronto to put on our pipe and slippers. We've come to win. It's a neccessary evil and we won't hesitate to do it if we come up short, because we will know that it's for the best. But you know as well as we do that when this business is in your blood, you bleed it for life. The thought of hanging up our boots is going to be running through our minds every time somebody hooks us up over those ropes. It'll be punching through our conscience every time we're down on that canvas getting stomped damn near through the America/Canada border. We've come to win Money In The Bank. Whether it's me or Tony. And if the other fourteen guys in Money In The Bank are sitting and watching this now, thinking 'oh well, that's two down', they're in for the shock of their lives tommorrow night.

BRANNIGAN
One way or another, it's gonna be Black T's defining hour. It's do or die and we don't die easy!

With that, Black T collectively up and leave, as Leon sits with raised eyebrows. Realising he's still on camera, he waves Black T off and gives a thumbs up as if their exit was all a part of his plans, before clearing his throat.

RODEZ
Well, that was the Love Shack I guess... Leon Rodez... uhm, buy AngleMania! See ya!