OAOAST TMW: A comedy/erotic e-fed

OAOAST HeldDOWN~! 1/1/04

Chanel #99

OAOAST HeldDOWN~!

helddown.jpg

It's the dawn of a New Year, where resolutions are made and people are given a clean slate (after a night of drunken debauchery, of course). Will HeldDOWN~! continue to BRING THE CONTENT~! in the '04? Will Northstar continue to run a tight ship, or will the roster grow tired of their flamboyant GM? Will Calvin Szechstein make it through '04 with his title intact? Will Hoff find his pants? Those questions and more are about to be answered, as we take you to the arena for the first HeldDOWN~! of the New Year~!

Fireworks.gif

The same scene that filled up nightime skies last night illuminates the darkened arena, as the opening fireworks and pyro EXPLODE~! A near-sellout crowd has filled this arena tonight on January 1, 2004, eager to see what turns the OAOAST will take this year. After a few moments of crowd-scanning by the cameras, we take you down to the announce position affectionately known as Sofa Central, with our Triple Threat of Commentary...

sting1.jpg and coleandcoachman.jpg

CABOOSE, COLE, and DA COACH~!

COLE
Happy New Year fans, and welcome to OAOAST HeldDOWN~!

COACH
Yo yo, big ups to all my playas in the '04, hopin' that this year was better than your last!

CABOOSE
English, Coach. I left my dipshit-to-English dictionary back at your mom's place.

COACH
My b...HEY~!

COLE
Well, it's a New Year, but some things never change, I guess. However, tonight on HeldDOWN~! we plan on bringing you some absolutely incredible action. In tonight's main event, it's going to be a Ten Man Gauntlet Match, or as it's been dubbed, the The X-Box X-Division Top X Hour-Long Time Gauntlet Match. Our entire second hour will be dedicated to this matchup, involving X Champion AJ Flaire defending his belt against AJ Flaire © former champion Sly Sommers, St. Andrew, his minions Nathaniel and Michael, GPX member Scotty Static, former champion Mad Matt, newcomer The Black Diamond, and the tag team of "The Role Model" Jacob Lyne and Leon Rodez!

CABOOSE
HeldDOWN~! has outdone itself again, as we bring the fans another first here on the first day of the year. We've got ten of the youngest, hungriest athletes going the distance for a prize, the X Title, and I think they're going to light it up here tonight.

COACH
Caboose, my man...I didn't know you condoned that stuff!

CABOOSE
What stuff?

COACH
You said "light it up". Are you talking about, *ahem*, "puff, puff, pass".

CABOOSE
Coach, I just said no a long time ago. Something your mom didn't do while you were in her belly.

COLE
Heh, he got you there, Coach.

COACH
Pfft...I'm requesting a transfer to one of our B shows.

COLE
We don't have any B shows. Unless you count IZ.

COACH
Screw it, I'll stay here.

MC: Without any further ado, let’s get 2004 started with a bang!

COACH: We’ve already got two guys straight out of wrestling school in the ring, with the winner of this contest getting a HeldDOWN~! contract, here to start 2004 with style!

FINK: The following contest is scheduled for one fall! In the corner to my left, weighing in at 245 pounds, from St. Louis, Missouri, Bryan Edsel! And his opponent, weighing in at 293 pounds, from Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Wayne Yonkers!

All of a sudden, the lights go out! “Pompeii†starts up, and out comes St. Andrew, who’s leading his new monster Gibraltar to the ring!

MC: What’s the meaning of this?!?!

CABOOSE: I think our savior has come to save us from this crap!

Andrew orders Gibraltar into the ring. Edsel and Yonkers charge at the monster at the same time, and get clotheslined down for it. Gibraltar then piles both into a corner, and delivers three high elbows. Gibraltar gives them time to stumble out, and then grabs them both in the goozle. He lifts them up, and delivers a big double choke-slam! Andrew then tells him to toss them out of the ring. Gibraltar lifts Yonkers up by his pants, grabs his shirt, and tosses him over the top rope. Gibraltar grabs Edsel by the throat, lifts him up over his head gorilla-press style, and tosses him on top of Yonkers! The referee tries to tell Gibraltar to get out, and gets tossed over the top rope for his troubles!

MC: WOW! Within seconds, Gibraltar has completely cleared the ring of all forms of life!

CABOOSE: This man is a monster, and I’m glad he’s here!

St. Andrew then grabs a mic, and enters the ring.

ANDREW: Calm down, big man. Ha ha, I decided to open this thing with a bang, and that I did. You see, on New Year’s Eve, plenty of sin is committed. Public drunkenness, adultery, debauchery...you name it, you gluttons of misery perform it! I just happened to see two sinners, not unlike the viewing audience, trying to skip their way into the sin that is this company, and I just couldn’t have it. Plus, I wanted a pedistal to display this man. Standing seven feet, one inch, and weighing damn near five-hundred pounds, he is the one-man sacrificing crew, the man who will single-handedly deliver the good word to every single individual here in this company, I bring you....GIBRALTAR! We have another reason for coming out here and emptying the ring. You see, I wanted to give the man-monster some experience tossing bodies over the top. I have a huge announcement to make, and that is, on January 25th, Gibraltar will convert and sacrifice twenty-nine other lost souls, and put himself in the challenger slot to win the HeldDOWN~! Heavyweight Championship of the World! That’s right, as of right now, I am throwing Gibraltar’s name in the hat, to be the first man entered in the 2004 OAOAST Royal Rumble, to be held at Anglepalooza 2004, on the night of January 25th, 2004. And, as the bodies hit the ground, and the eliminations gather up, just remember: no one, and I mean NO ONE, moves the rock of Gibraltar! Ha ha! Let’s go, big man!

(Andrew and Gibraltar leave the ring, as we stroll back to the commentary booth.)

COACH: Did you hear that? That monster, Gibraltar, is the first man entered in the 2004 Royal Rumble!

MC: How in the hell is anyone supposed to move that man, let alone get him over the top rope and to the floor?!?!

CABOOSE: What a brilliant plan by St. Andrew, putting the immovable object into the one match where you’ve got to move your opponents around to make them lose! I love this!

COACH: Nonetheless, Gibraltar’s going to be one of the odds-on-favorites in the Royal Rumble!

*HeldDOWN~! returns, as a camera focuses in on a flaming cross tattoo. The camera pans out to reveal the tattoo on the left pectorial of Axel, over his heart. Axel is staring down at the ground with a disgusted look on his face. He looks up and then directly at the camera, as he starts to speak*

Axel: Welcome to my world. One month ago I triumphantly returned to the OAOAST after a suspension. The fans cheered me, until I challenged Peter Knight to a match at Bloody, Battered and Beaten. Amazing how quickly they can turn on you, like animals. They turn without warning. I gave all the fans every ounce of my being when I won the Revolution Tournament, and they cheered. I decided to go after the Tag Team Championship, and they booed. Now I am no stranger to hurt. I had my heart ripped out long ago, but that’s another story for another time. But for a man with no heart, it hurt to hear the fans’ jeers. I’ve been hurt too much in this life to be hurt again, so just as the fans turned on me, I turned on them. Fuck you. Fuck every single OAOAST fan that boos me. Fuck every single OAOAST Superstar that has a problem with me. I’ve had enough of everything in this fucking company. I’ve had enough of the false promises, I’ve had enough of the treachery, and I’ve had enough of the egotistic SOB’s in the back. I’ve had enough of it all. I only have the slightest amount of respect for a handful of guys in this locker room, but I despise the rest. Here’s why. I guess you could call this my “state of the Held Down superstars addressâ€. I’ll start at the top, where the sorriest son of a bitch is standing.

Calvin, just a few weeks ago you came strolling out to that ring like you were the greatest fucking thing that’s ever happened to the world and you had the NERVE to run your mouth and act as if you were above everyone. Knock knock Champ, I pinned your ass months ago, I beat you, you egotistical, narrow-minded son of a bitch. I made a shitlist while I was gone, and you will be happy to know that you are at the very top of it. Remember one week ago, Champ? I blindsided you with a chair. Ragdoll and I, we BEAT you. That’s two wins I have against you, and don’t think I won’t be going after that belt as soon as I get my chance.

Malibu, you are no better than the ‘paper champion’. You walk around the backstage area like you own the place, and believe me, you don’t. You have to be the gayest straight guy I have ever come across, how you prance around just because you are a former Champ. Do you want a mother fucking medal? Or would you rather a chest to pin it on, stupid son of a bitch. Management are so high on the so-called ‘Pissed off Prep’. It sickens me. How you keep getting title matches escapes me, considering the last title you made good on was the 24/7 belt, and what a joke that is. Don’t forget Malibu, I’ve pinned you too.

That brings me to the Underground. I can relate to these guys, coming in to the OAOAST by request, saving that bitch CWM from an ass whooping. What happens? You are given 20 minutes on the next show to have one big circle-jerk about how fucking good UGW is. Newsflash boys and girls, UGW couldn’t even get one god damn show running. Oh, and again, I hold a pinfall victory over CWM. Who’da thunk it.

AJ Flaire, how’s the back? You and I, we have a damn site more history than people know, don’t we. Now you are the X Champion, and don’t think that I won’t eventually come after the gold. But now, I’ve got bigger fish to fry, Junior. Oh, and the rest of the X Division? Sly, Matt, I destroyed you both the last time we were in the ring. Whose that other guy… the one that is trying to be Axel part 2… ah that’s right, Saint Andrew. There’s only enough room for one Dark Lord on this show, and when the time is right, I think you are pretty fucked.

K-Money, you make me sick. Despite the trouble that I have had with Ragdoll in the past, he is one of the only guys in this company that I have the slightest amount of respect for. He has been put through hell, and you, Ken Baker, are to blame for his sins. Sure, I particularly like your brother, but at least Ragdoll has earn’t some of my respect. Look at what you have done to him. He’s hooked on fucking drugs, he lost the love of his life, and he lost his prized possession, the X Title. At least he’s got a new girl. And your piss-poor stable, The Firm, has to be one of the worst ideas in history. I mean god, one of your guys was injured, and where the hell were you, Ken? Probably riding your brother’s ex-girl in the back.

Northstar, you are one hell of a General Manager, you know that? You have done a pretty good job since you first started, BUT, you have NEVER acknowledged me. Not ONCE have you even ventured to help me out. I suppose for you to do that, Id have to make an impression, and believe me, I will make an impression.

Peter Knight. Last Sunday night, we both pushed each other to our limits. We brawled, we worked technical, we went to the top rope, we tried submission holds, we tried power moves. And we had one of the best matches of my career. On that night, last Sunday night, you proved you could hang, and you earnt some of my respect for that. But know this. Next time, it will be your shoulders on the mat for the three count.

So, you may ask, what’s the point to all of this? Well, just sizing up my competition. Because I am here to officially announce my entry into the Rumble match at Anglepalooza. 29 other men, 29 more victims. I won’t have to worry about IntenseZone, heh, when has ANYBODY had to worry about the so-called ‘superstars’ on that show. I’m not going to guarantee anything, because nothing is certain. But I will say one thing. I WILL make an impression that will last a long time. I WILL make certain that everyone in the OAOAST knows that I am climbing to the top, and I don’t care which motherfuckers I have to throw off the ladder on the way up. At Anglepalooza, all those who get in my path will feel the pain, taste the pain, and when it’s all said and done, they will like the damn pain.

*Axel rolls his eyes into the back of his head as the camera fades to black*

Cole: Well ladies and gentlemen, some very interesting comments there by Axel regarding quite a few of the HeldDown superstars. I wonder what the reactions will be in the back Coach.

Coach: I really don’t know Michael, but if Axel doesn’t already have heat with the majority of the locker room, he certainly does now.

::"I'm Just a Girl" hits as the red and white strobe lights flash across the entrance.::

Coach: "All right, now this is the perfect way to ring in the new year!"

The fans go nuts as Crystal walks through the entrance way with a bandage over her forehead. She looks a little tired and ragged out after the brutal war that she went through with Damaramu just a few days ago.::

Cole: "Well here's Crystal! She had a war with Damaramu at Bloody, Battered, and Beaten! I don't think I've seen two people tear into one another like that and still not win!"

Caboose: "It was amazing and you can tell by Crystal's bandages and that little limp that she's still beat up from that match."

Coach: "I saw Damaramu in the back...he's even worse! He took a real pounding for the first half of that match!"

Caboose: "Speaking of Damaramu and pounding...how's your head Coach?"

Coach: "Uh, let's just listen to what Crystal has to say......."

::Crystal is in the ring now as the fans cheer her on..she has a mic in her hand.::

Fans: CRYSTAL! CRYSTAL! CRYSTAL!

Crystal: "Thanks. You know, I had one hell of a battle with Damaramu last Sunday, but I'm not satisfied. I got my ass kicked, and sure, so ddi he. It was an even battle, and it was a draw. Everyone I know keeps saying that I should just stop the battles with him. "It isn't going anywhere" they say. They keep telling me to give up, it's useless."

::Crowd boos, with some chants of "Bullshit!"::

Crystal: "Screw that."

::Crowd's boos turn into wild cheers::

Crystal: "I won't be satisfied until I win. There is no way that I'll settle for a tie with his punk ass! We both deserve to know who's the better competitor. Hell, it's bullshit to the fans to just let this end in a draw!"

::the fans go crazy at this, but they suddenly boo as the spotlight centers on Northstar who has come out onto the stage::

Northstar: "Whoa...whoa...whoa! Darling, calm down! So angry for such a pretty girl."

Crystal: "I'm warning you, don't patronize me jackass! I'm not exactly in a great mood after my match with Damaramu."

Northstar: "Yes Damaramu...that's actually what I'm here about! So, you say that you won't settle for a tie? That an even battle isn't good enough for you?"

::Crystal nods her head::

Northstar: "Fine, have it your way. You know, Chrissy, you could've taken the easy way out. You could have just admitted that there is nothing that can be done. But you and your stubborness and pride can't have that, hmm? Well, be careful what you wish for darling, because you just might get it. You and Damaramu will have one last match! And it will be at the Rumble, live on PPV! Only, it isn't just any match. Oh, and you thought a Last Man Standing Match was brutal."

Crystal: "Cut the bullshit. Just get to the point, Northstar. What's the match?"

Northstar: "Nothing but a 15 foot, Steel Cage Match, NO ESCAPE!"

Cole: "What!?"

Northstar(laughing gleefully): "I guess we'll see who the better wrestler truly is, won't we?"

::the fans begin to boo louder as Damaramu with a wrap around his head and a knee brace on limps out::

Damaramu: "Crystal, I will never be satisfied until you are broken in two. Mark my words.....this will be the end of you.

::Damaramu has a sadistic smile on his face, while Crystal is standing in the ring, angry::

Crystal: "Steel Cage Match? No Escape? Why thank you Northstar. I couldn't ask for anything more than to have that miserable human being in a steel cage!"

Northstar: "Then it's a date!"

::Damaramu smiles a sly evil smile and points at Crystal. Then he turns and walks through the curtain leaving Crystal staring with rage::

(Back on HeldDOWN~!, where Holly-wood is backstage combing her newly dyed silver hair and watching the Rangers game on NHL center Ice. The TV is suddenly turned off causing her to turn around in fright. Her eyes narrow in anger at the sight of Silver Star)

Silver Star: Look what I got.

Holly-wood: A gun to shoot yourself with?

Silver Star: Better. I got you flowers! Real ones to boot. Flower's so radiant in their majestic beauty that they'll turn your frown upside down!

Holly-wood: Why'd you get me flowers?

Silver Star: The flowers are a visual representation of the inner pain and emotional conflict I've bee going through since I hurt you. These just aren't any ordinary flowers...

Holly-wood: They're poisonous flowers that release a toxic gas that'll cause you to die a brutally slow and agonizing death, much to my amusement?

Silver Star: Close but nothing doing, dudette. These flowers are pink carnations, which in the floral land translates into "I'm very very very sorry for costing you and Alix your match at Triple B. Please don't kick me in the nuts."

Holly-wood: You're sorry? Is that so?

Silver Star: Most def! I've been trying to tell you that since the pay per view, but you've been avoiding me like I've got the clap. Did you even get my voice mail?

Holly-wood: Got it and erased it. Not like anything you say is worth listening to, any
way.

Silver Star: That's real...but this time I was speaking from deepest level of my broken heart.

Holly-wood: Uh huh, right. Just like last week. And the week before. And the week before that. And the year before that. I've been hearing your empty apologies since you were six. Frankly, I'm tired of it. You say your sorry, but you keep on doing the same stupid stuff over and over again. You can say your sorry till your blue in the face but your apologies are much like your life, worthless.

(Holly-wood walks away from Silver Star, leaving him with the flowers in his hand.)

::Cut back to Sofa Central::

CABOOSE
Is it me, or are these Acolytes of Northstar all style and no substance?

COACH
I just think they're fun to look at.

CABOOSE
Which one, Silverstar?

COACH
Oh HA HA! That was a knee slapper!

CABOOSE
Don't turn it into a face slapper, Coach.

COLE
You two need to stop. Fans, this past Sunday at Bloody, Battered and Beaten, Zack Malibu and CWM went one on one for the last time EVER in the OAOAST. Northstar, tired of the wars waged between the two, grudingly signed them to an Ambulance Match, where the objective is to incapacitate your opponent enough so that you can lock him in the Ambulance. Well, to say that both men tried to send each other to the hospital and end their feud with a bang would be an understatement, because it took CWM crashing through the WINDSHEILD of the vehicle to take him out long enough. Zack Malibu was able to win the feud once and for all, and close that chapter in his book. CWM, however, had life take a new turn when members of The Underground, including the ever-cocky Superstar, came out and overthrew him, putting him through a glass table! Superstar was about to beat on CWM with his own Tire Iron, until The Underground's muscle, Hoff, stepped in and blocked the shot, essentially siding with the original leader of The Underground, CWM. We understand CWM is still incapacitated in a hospital that is not being disclosed to us, but we have had a satellite hookup with them, and we take you now to footage, of CWM.

The cameras cut to a hospital room. CWM is lying in bed, wearing a hospital gown, his head and face heavily bandaged. A nurse in the room fluffs his pillow and tucks it under his head. CWM smiles weakly and thanks the nurse.

NURSE
"Can I get you anything else?"

CWM
"No, thanks."

The nurse turns to leave, replaced by an orderly entering the room. The orderly stands in the doorway.

ORDERLY
"Sir, you have a visitor; are you feeling up to some company?"

CWM looks down at his prone body, laughing to himself.

CWM
"Sure, I'd say I look pretty good right now. Send them in."

The orderly nods and turns, waving someone in. CWM smiles again as Hoff steps through the doorway, a sad smile on his face. The orderly closes the door as Hoff looks CWM over.

HOFF
"Jesus..."

Hoff's slight smile fades, drawing a grin from CWM.

CWM
"Heh...yeah. They did a number on me, huh?"

Hoff only shakes his head as he takes a chair at CWM's bedside. Hoff looks at CWM as if to speak, but lowers his head suddenly. Hoff fidgets with his hands as CWM looks on quizzically. Finally, Hoff raises his head to speak.

HOFF
"You know, I had no idea what they were going to do to you after the match. I want you to know that."

CWM smiles again and puts a hand on Hoff's shoulder.

CWM
"I know it, big man. I know you wouldn't be a part of that. Even when we brought you in here, I was worried you wouldn't cut it -- that you didn't have enough of a mean streak. You almost proved me wrong."

Hoff's smile returns as CWM speaks.

"But even with everything we pulled, all the sneak attacks, I knew you weren't a backstabber. I knew you were loyal -- that's why I wanted you in the Underground to begin with. And I knew you wanted to be here. I saw you in the stands, just like you said, and I saw a guy who had a dream and a desire. I hope you realize that dream someday, and I'm just happy I could help you get your foot in the door."

Hoff's eyes water a little, but he smiles and nods as CWM continues.

"Those other guys...well, I knew Superstar was just looking for an opportunity. And J. Arthur and Gunner, they'll be fine. They're more than competent wrestlers. But you, Hoff...you got something special, a spark. Don't let it die."

Hoff lowers his head into his hands as CWM finishes talking. CWM looks down, unsure of what to make of this. CWM moves to grab Hoff's arm -- but Hoff rises to his feet quickly. Tears are visible down his face, but his jaw is rigid, composure regained.

CWM
"Whoa, calm down Hoff, I didn't mean to--"

HOFF
"You know you're right about it, all of it. I don't want to be a thug, I don't want to be some damn backfighting criminal, but I did what I had to do. I did it because you guys, you were the only ones who'd let me in the door. The rest of them, they wouldn't even give me the time of day. Northstar? Forget about it. Even Zack..."

Hoff pauses and collects himself.

"...Even Zack Malibu, fan favorite, wouldn't give me the time of day. And you know, I have no problem with Zack Malibu. He's a tremendous wrestler."

CWM
"Hoff, slow down buddy..."

HOFF
"No, let me finish. Let me..."

Hoff appears on the verge of losing his composure again, but he keeps talking.

HOFF
"I'm not really an Underground member, at heart. I'm not some heavy whose only job is to stir shit up. This isn't me...it's who I had to be, so that maybe one day I could be something more."

CWM looks at Hoff knowlingly, as if understanding what he's feeling. Hoff smiles slightly, another sad smile, then turns away.

HOFF
"But it's like you said, boss..."

Hoff reaches into his inner jacket pocket, pulling out a tire iron.

"...I'm loyal."

Hoff turns around, and shock crosses the face of the former 24/7 Champion. Hoff slowly approaches, tears once again streaming down his face. CWM shrinks back in the bed, before throwing an awkward punch, but Hoff simply blocks it, and catches CWM in the ribs with the tire iron. CWM groans loudly, doubling over in pain.

Hoff pauses for a moment and loks at his hands, and at CWM, before winding up and delivering another shot to the stomach. CWM reels back, and Hoff catches him with a shot across the head. CWM falls backwards, presumabably unconcious, and Hoff smashes the tire iron across his prone body repeatedly, working over his arms, legs, and ribs. CWM's lifeless form jerks involuntarily from the blows. Hoff lands one last blow to head,
and the force knocks CWM sideways and rolls him over, onto his stomach. He lies still.

HOFF
"Boss..."

The tears return.

"I'm sorry..."

Hoff sheaths the tire iron back in his pocket, turns slowly, and leaves the room, closing the door behind him, as the scene fades to black.

::The camera focuses on the entrance as "State Prop (You Know Us)" hits the PA system. The arena slowly fades to black, and after a brief moment...

**BOOM**

...a HUGE pyro blast goes off on stage. The crowd cheers as flashing red and white spotlights swarm the arena, roaming the crowd for a brief moment before converging on the entrance, where Panther appears in a thick cloud of smoke. He walks towards the edge of the ramp and pauses to soak up the reaction from the crowd. He slowly raises both arms into the air, holding the pose for a moment as white spotlights illuminate the set behind him, then swiftly brings them down. The spotlights disperse about the arena, and Panther starts down the ramp to ringside::

Announcer: This contest is scheduled for one fall! Currently entering the ring, from Philadelphia, PA, weighing tonight at 198 pounds, PAAAAAANTHERRR!!!

::As Panther continues his path to ringside, the camera focuses on the ring, where an unknown wrestler stands in blue and silver tights and white boots::

Announcer: His opponent, hailing from Topeka, Kansas, weighing in at 175 pounds, here is CHRIS BRYTE!!!!

::Bryte raises his arms into the air to no reaction as Panther reaches the ringside area. Panther leaps onto the ring apron, pauses for a moment as dozens of camera flashes go off around the arena, then steps through the ropes and walks towards the center of the ring, brushes Bryte aside and takes stance in front of the main camera, and after gazing into the crowd with a look of intensity, Panther snaps his right fist into the air as pyro blasts explode from all four ringposts::

Cole: Well, folks, Panther's in action against this young man by the name of Chris Bryte, and this past weekend and Bloody, Battered & Beaten, Panther had quite a war against his arch-rival Brock Ausstin...a match that saw him go down in defeat, unfortunately. But here you see, folks, a testament to the toughness...a testament to the heart of this young man, Panther is right back in action here tonight on HeldDOWN~! Give him credit, gang!

Caboose: Credit for what?! For beating up on an unknown?! Who is this Chris Bryte character anyway?

Cole: Well...not much information on this kid. Apparently this is his very first wrestling match, and for some odd reason, the kid chose to single out Panther as his very first opponent.

Coach: You kidding me Cole?!

Cole: That's what I was told.

Coach: I don't know how smart that is, Michael. Panther's a 7-year vet!

Cole: I know he is! That's what makes the situation so...so bizzare!

Caboose: I don't see what's bizzare about it. Personally, I think it's quite admirable. I mean...he could've gone and taken an easy opponent, some bum off the streets and gotten himself a meaningless win in order to make himself look good, but no! He decided to issue a challenge to one of the most experienced wrestlers out there! Scoff if you like, but win, lose or draw, this Chris Bryte guy will come out of this match a better wrestler.

Cole: That remains to be seen.

::Panther takes a seat on the top turnbuckle opposite Bryte as the arena lights return to normal and the music begins to die down. A small but vocal group of fans towards the right side of the arena are chanting "PAN-THER, PAN-THER" as the referee calls for the bell::

*DING DING DING*

Bryte walks out towards the center of the ring and yells "C'MON" at Panther, waving his hands in a "Just Bring It" fashion. Panther looks into the crowd, flashes his trademark smirk (garnering a few cheers from the ladies in the crowd), then hops down from the turnbuckle and walks out towards the center of the ring, where Bryte begins to talk trash to him. As the two men go face to face, Bryte begins jamming his index finger into Panther's chest, leading Panther to knock his hand away. Bryte begins to poke at Panther once again, again leading the Champ of Champs to knock his hand down. Suddenly...

**CRACK**

...Bryte turns Panther's head with a HARD slap across the face, drawing "oooooh's" from the capacity crowd.

Coach: Can you believe that?! Can you believe...

Cole: Chris Bryte...this rookie just slapped Panther! What a show of disrespect...

Caboose: But look at Panther, Cole! Panther...he's smiling!

Cole: Huh?

Indeed, Panther is grinning from ear to ear. A look of fear comes across Bryte's face as Panther nods his head and glares in Bryte's direction. Bryte gets into a fighting stance, holding his fists up to Panther as the crowd chants get louder in the background. Suddenly, Panther rears back and...

...extends his right hand to Bryte, who, expecting a punch, closes his eyes, drops to one knee and shields his face. The crowd begins to laugh in the background, and Bryte opens his eyes to see Panther's outstretched hand.

Cole: (chuckles) Panther...after being slapped in the face, is offering this youngster a handshake...will he accept it?

Caboose: I wouldn't. Panther has no honor. I've seen him cheat before!

Again, Panther implores Bryte to shake his hand. Cautiously, Bryte returns to his feet, and after taking a moment to think about it...slowly...and reluctantly extends his hand towards Panther. The two men engage in a FIRM handshake, and when Bryte attempts to walk away, Panther holds on, pulls him close, looks Bryte dead in the eye and says...

"That's your ass!"

More "ooooh's" come up from the crowd as Bryte shoves off, and the two men begin to circle one another in the ring.

Caboose: Wow, this one's starting off pretty intense!

Cole: Panther...getting into the mind of the youngster Chris Bryte as these two square off in the ring.

Coach: Don't get too comfy, folks. I've got a feeling that this one won't take too long!

Cole: Here we go!

STIFF~! collar-and-elbow tie-up in the center of the ring, and the two wrestlers begin to jockey for position. Bryte manages to get a hold of Panther's right arm and cinches up on an arm-wringer, twisting up on the arm briefly before transitioning into a hammerlock. Panther winces slightly as Bryte cinches up on the hold, but manages to keep his cool. He nonchalantly reaches down, grabs Bryte's left foot and yanks on it, causing the rookie to fall to the mat. Panther wastes no time, wrapping the leg around his right leg, turning into the hold and reaching for Bryte's right leg...

Crowd: WHOOOOO~!

BUT NO! Sensing what's about to happen, Bryte quickly rolls over onto his stomach and scrambles into the ropes. Bryte clutches the bottom rope tightly as the referee forces Panther to break.

Cole: Panther...he was obviously setting up for that figure four leglock! We've seen him use that hold against Brock Ausstin!

Caboose: Yes, Michael Cole, and that just goes to show you just how fast a match can end. Panther countering a simple hammerlock into the figure four...Bryte, luckily for him, was able to avoid it, but again, it just goes to show that a match can end at any time, from any position. You've always gotta be on your guard!

Coach: FO' SHEEZY!

Caboose: Shut up, Coach.

Panther backs off, allowing Bryte to use the ropes to pull himself back to a standing position. A few of the ringside fans begin to heckle Chris Bryte. The rookie non-chalantly flips them off, then motions for Panther to "C'MON!" once again! Panther obliges, and the two men go face to face yet again.

Another STIFF~! collar-and-elbow tie-up in the center of the ring, and they again jockey for position. This time, Bryte slips behind Panther and ties him up in a waistlock. Standing switch by Panther into a full nelson. Panther teases a dragon suplex, but Bryte runs foward into the ropes, stepping through and forcing the break.

Referee: C'mon, Panther. Break it! 1...

Panther breaks on four, and Bryte breathes a deep sigh of relief as the crowd boos in the background. Before he can step back into the ring, however, Panther boots him squarely in the ass, sending him tumbling through the ropes to the outside. There's a mixture of cheers and laughter as Panther plays to the crowd in the ring, while an enraged Chris Bryte curses and slaps the thin black mats on the arena floor.

Bryte springs back to his feet, slides back into the ring and charges at Panther with a full head of steam...WHOA!!!!!!!! But Panther uses the rookie's momentum to send him flying over the top rope and back out to the floor. Bryte springs back up and hits the ring again, charging at Panther once more and...OOOOOH LOOK AT HIM FLY! Panther sends him right back over the top and to the outside! But Bryte's right back up, sliding back into the ring, and charging at Panther a third time. This time, Panther catches him coming in and drives him to the canvas with a beautifully applied fujiwara armbar. Bryte lets loose a LOUD scream, and desperately begins grasping for the ropes. Using his knees and his free hand, Bryte manages to shimmy over towards the ropes and grasp the bottom rope with his right hand.

Referee: Break it, Panther. C'mon! 1...

Panther releases on 3, shoving Bryte to the mat before raising his right fist into the air. Drawing a good-sized pop from the crowd.

Cole: Well, so far, Chris Bryte being outwrestled by Panther. No surprise there.

Caboose: Panther's really getting under this kid's skin, Cole. Look at him.

Bryte is seething with anger as he uses the ropes to pull himself back to his feet. He begins breathing deep, rapid breaths...huffing and puffing...pacing back and forth about the ring as Panther eyes him cautiously. Suddenly, he turns towards Panther, leaps into a fighting stance and yells "PUT 'EM UP!!!!!"

Coach: Uh oh! He's mad now!

Cole: Chris Bryte saying "Screw the wrestling! Let's duke it out!"

Panther shrugs his shoulders, turns into a boxing stance and waves Bryte on. The crowd cheers in the background as Bryte approaches Panther and the two men square off yet again. Bryte throws a left hand jab at Panther, who moves his head to the left to dodge the blow. Bryte attempts a wild right hand, but Panther ducks under, burying a HARD right hand into the gut that doubles him over. Panther follows up with a HARD left hook to the kidneys that buckles Bryte's knees, followed by a stiff looking combination of body shots that cause Bryte to cry out in pain. Suddenly, Panther unleashes a flurry of punches...to the ribs, to the stomach, to the chest, to the ARMPITS, each shot sending Bryte closer to the ropes as the fans begin to cheer wildly in the background. The exchange becomes too much for Bryte to handle, and the youngster scurries to the ropes and leaps to the outside, and the crowd cheers louder as Panther raises his right fist into the air once more.

Caboose: Ok...so...wrestling didn't work...fisticuffs didn't work...

Cole: This youngster Chris Bryte...he's in an uphill battle here...

Coach: Yeah, and it looks like he forgot his hiking boots!

Cole: Oh wait a damn minute!

Coach: What?! I thought that line was pretty good!

Cole: Not the line! Chris Bryte has just grabbed a steel chair!

Indeed. The frustrated youngster shoved down the timekeeper and grabbed his folding chair. In the ring, Panther merely rolls his eyes as the Bryte slides in with the chair. The ref attempts to wrestle the chair away from Chris Bryte, but alas...

Cole: DOWN GOES THE REF! CHRIS BRYTE JUST SHOVED DOWN THE REFEREE...

Coach: But watch Panth--

**WHAM**

Cole: DEAR GOD!

The sound of a well-timed superkick from Panther echoes throughout the arena as the young wrestler falls to the mat, dropping the chair in the process. With fire and intensity in his eyes, Panther turns to the crowd and starts to rile them up, and the cheers and chants of "PAN-THER" get louder as he turns and points at Bryte, who's beginning to get up from the kick.

Panther quickly springs into action, grabbing Chris Bryte, flinging his left arm over his head and taking him over with a vicious T-Bone suplex, dumping him right on the back of his head. Bryte rolls over to his stomach and begins to crawl for the ropes, but Panther catches him by the back of his tights and drags him back to his feet, with his back facing Panther. Panther clinches his teeth, shoots an intense glare into the camera and takes him over with a German suplex! NO BRIDGE, ALL IMPACT!!!!!!

Oh, but Panther's not done. No! After springing back to his feet, he grabs Bryte by the hair, yanks him up a second time, and...BOOM!!!!!!! ANOTHER GERMAN SUPLEX FOLDS HIM UP! Right back to his feet, Panther begins to motion for Bryte to get back up. Bryte appears to be completely out of it as he rolls to his knees and attempts to shake out the cobwebs. Panther gets right up in his face, taunting him, begging him to get back up to continue the match. Bryte manages to pull himself to one knee, then staggers back to his feet and into the ropes. Bryte again shakes his head to clear the cobwebs, then makes a lunge for Panther, who ducks a wild right hand, slips behind Bryte and FOLDS HIM UP with a beautiful Dragon Suplex! PANTHER HOLDS THE BRIDGE...

3---NO!!!!!! NOT 3!!!! IT'S JUST A TWO!!!!!!!!

Caboose: Hey, you've gotta hand it to Chris Bryte there. Most guys would be dead after getting hit with a move like that!

Cole: I dunno about all that, but this kid...my God, he's definitely being put through the ringer...

Caboose: Now wait a minute...Panther's got the chair now.

Yup. Panther reaches down and grabs the steel chair that Bryte stole from the timekeeper, and the crowd pops as Panther motions for him to get back up. Bryte somehow manages to climb back to his feet, but, unable to get his feet under him, he staggers back into the turnbuckle. At this point, Panther raises the chair, and attempts to charge at Bryte...

...but the referee snatches the chair from his hands before Panther can use it. The crowd boos loudly as the official slides to the floor with the chair, and starts towards the timekeeper's table...as Panther turns towards Bryte with a sinister...SINISTER look.

Caboose, Coach and Cole: Uh oh!

Yeah, uh oh is right. In a flash, Panther charges at Bryte with a swift kick to the groin...and another...and another...and...GOOD GOD ANOTHER!

Cole: RAPID-FIRE LOW BLOWS! RAPID-FIRE LOW BLOWS TO CHRIS BRYTE!!!!!! MY GOD!!!!

Caboose: This is wrong! This is just plain...and these people are cheering?!!!! What is wrong with these people!

Panther nails Bryte with one last uppercut to the groin, and the referee turns around just in time to see Bryte crumble to the canvas, holding his crotch in pain. He slides back into the ring, and approaches Panther, questioning him about Bryte, but Panther denies going low.

Caboose: This is an absolute travesty, Cole!

Cole: Chris Bryte...we don't know why he challenged Panther, but you can bet your ass that this kid wasn't expecting this. And now Panther's signalling for the end.

Indeed. The crowd cheers wildly as Panther calls for the end. He walks over towards the corner and reaches down, grabbing Bryte by the hair...

...but Bryte clutches the bottom rope, holding on for dear life. Panther wraps his arms around Bryte's waist and pulls back, attempting to pull him off the rope, but the kid holds on kicking and screaming. Panther continues to pull, however, eventually managing to separate Bryte's hands from the rope and drag him out towards the center of the ring. He then pulls Bryte back to his feet, with Bryte's back facing Panther, when--

Cole: OH! LOW BLOW BY BRYTE!!!!!!

A well-placed mule kick to the groin of Panther causes him to release his grip on Chris Bryte. Bryte with the standing switch...ROLL UP ON PANTHER...Bryte rolls through with the bridge...

Coach: HEY!!!!!

Cole: HE'S GOT THE ROPE!!!! CHRIS BRYTE HAS THAT BOTTOM ROPE!!!!

3!!!!!!!!!!

*Ding Ding Ding*

**Cue STUNNED SILENCE~!

Announcer: Here is your winner....Chris...Bryte?

The crowd boos wildly in the background as Bryte rolls to the floor and makes a quick getaway from ringside, running back up the entrance ramp, dodging cups and bottles being tossed at his head. After Bryte disappears through the curtains that lead to the locker room, the cameras cut back to the ring, where Panther's sitting on the mat with a look of disbelief in his eyes.

Cole: I cannot believe what we've just seen. Chris Bryte...this virtual unknown! In his first match ever has just defeated Panther! He just stole a damn victory from Panther! I can't believe it!

Caboose: Stole a victory?!?!?! Stole a victory?!?!? What do you mean ge stole the victory?!

Cole: You saw it as well as I did, Caboose! Chris Bryte had the rope!!! The son of a...

Caboose: Excuse me!!! Excuse me...maybe I was imagining things, but I coulda sworn that Panther just hit that guy with about 10 or 12 low blows out here! After that display of cheating, you're gonna sit here and complain about a little rope action?!

Cole: But...but...

Caboose: Exactly! Panther, the veteran, the so-called Champion of Champions, just got beat at his own game by a rookie! By a no-name rookie! I...LOVE IT!

Cole: This is just...look at Panther. He can't believe it.

Panther climbs back to his feet, and looks into the crowd with a dejected glare on his face. Slight boos reign down from the top of the arena as Panther looks down at his feet in shame, then slides out of the ring and heads back up the ramp to the locker room.

Caboose: Congratulations, Panther...you are officially a hasbeen!

Cole: STOP IT! Coach, what you got, kid?

Coach: I don't know what to say! I wasn't expecting that!

Cole: This is just...shocking...absolutely shocking. Fans, we're going to take a break, but make sure you come right back when we do!

(We go backstage, where Sly Sommers is walking around, actually looking somewhat happy, when Janet walks up to him.)

JANET: Hi, Sly.

SLY: Hey there. Um, listen....

JANET: I can’t talk for long, I got a date with Scotty tonight, and I have to get ready. Listen, if you see him around and he doesn’t want to kill you, tell him to meet me in the parking lot after he gets dressed.

SLY: Yeah, okay. Listen, you be careful, okay? I’ve heard rumors about Scotty being a skirt-chaser, and I don’t want you falling victim.

JANET: Relax, I’m a big girl, I know what I’m doing. But listen, I’ll tell you all the details next week, okay? I gotta run, bye....

SLY:....(she runs off)...Bye, I guess. Oh well, soon enough, she’ll see through his guise.

(Sly walks into the Totally Endorsed locker room where, as soon as he opens the door, Axel charges at him. But, Calvin Szechstein stops him within an inch of Sly. Calvin looks mad too.)

CALVIN: What in the hell’s wrong with you? You think there’s nothing wrong here? Listen, you didn’t just lose the X Title on Sunday. You lost Totally Endorsed the X Title. Whenever you make me or Axel here lose something, we get mad. You made Totally Endorsed look bad....get that stupid smirk off of your face!

SLY: Boys, boys, boys...I don’t see why you’re so mad. I mean, you know my motto: “Sly Sommers ALWAYS has a plan!â€, and boy, do I ever! Give me a second to go get my bag....

AXEL: This better be good!

SLY: (walks back with duffel bag in hand) Don’t worry, it is. See, I’ve an avid Internet fan, since that’s what my demo seems to dig. While I was surfing the ‘Net, I came across something interesting on eBay. I had to use money out of the Totally Endorsed bank account to get it, but trust me, it was worth it....(Sly pulls something out of the duffel bag)....look at this baby! I bought the WCW World Television Title from Jim Duggan! And this is the best part...I was talking to Northstar, and he’s signed all of the papers to make this an official belt at HeldDOWN~! I’m a champ once again, bab-ey! And if I win tonight, I’ll be a double-champion! More gold!

CALVIN: I must admit, I am impressed. I apologize for this whole situation, you truly are smarter than I gave you credit for. I mean, that’s one of the most coveted title belts ever. Guys like Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, The Great Muta, and Steve Austin have held that belt, and now it’s in the Totally Endorsed camp. I love you, man.

SLY: And I love you, too. And I love you, Axel, don’t wanna leave you out. Group hug?

AXEL: Uh...nah. We don’t love you THAT much.

CALVIN: But good job, man. Get your stuff together, your match is coming up soon.

SLY: Will do, boss!

(Cut back to the arena)

"1000 words" by Jade hits causing the crowd to get to it's feet in anticipation of the arrival of HD!'s GM Northstar. They shower him with a mixture of cheers and jeers as he emerges from the back. He tilts his body and raises his arms as if to soak in the crowd noise. Finally a chimp wearing a three piece Armani suit that's worth more than Coach's life hands Northstar a microphone and the music is cut. Northstar steps through what remains of the opening pyro so that he's visible to the crowd and the cameras.

Northstar: Greetings my adorable butterflies. I hope 2003 was as good to you as it was to me. This past year I entered the OAOAST, rid myself of the cancerous parasites known as the Dream Machines, beat Zack Malibu six times in one night, beat Tim Moysey, annihilated Spider Poet, had my way with CWM, destroyed the cantankerous imbecile Anglesault who hasn't been seen since,vanqiushed the treacherous dog known as Tim Moysey to become your new General Manager and reestablish HeldDOWN as the premier brand in the sports and entertainment industry and finally got engaged to most exquisitely magnificent woman in the world, Alix Spezia.

Cole: A little revisionist history by Northstar.

Caboose: The winners are the ones who write the history books.

Northstar: If your 2003 wasn't as full of earth shattering achievements and wondrous victories that came against the bleakest of odds and most fearsome of foe, than don't worry your pretty little hearts, darlings. Because tonight on the very first day of 2004, you are going to watch a man use the power of the spoken word to turn the world upside down and change the course of the universe

Cole: Does anyone have any idea what he's talking about?

Northstar: Last night, New Year eve, while most of you were drinking yourselves into an early grave in hopes of working up the courage to talk to the blonde with the fake tits at the bar, your general manager was on the phone with Hollywood's hottest and most influential movie producers. They were each engaged in a brutally revolting bidding war to obtain the rights to distribute the official HeldDOWN movie: "3 STAGES OF HELL!!!!!"

(The crowd murmurs in confusion over the announcement of a HD! movie)

Cole: We're having a movie?

Coach: Who cares? I'm in lots of movies.

Caboose: Home videos of you masturbating do not count as movies.

Cole: My Academy Award says differently

Northstar: After a gruesome financial battle only one woman and one studio could secure the rights to the blockbuster of the century.....Lauren Shuler Donner and Twentieth Century Fox, makes of such fine and thought provoking movies as Speed 2, Solaris and Cheaper by the Dozen!

Caboose: This is the shock of all shocks. He's actually making a movie?

Northstar: "3 stages of hell" will be gut wrenching violent saga that will follow pro wrestling superstar Max Blaze on his heart pounding and mind breaking journey to rid the wrestling federation he loves of an underground drug ring that that threatens to destroy all that he holds dear to his heart. Gene Siskel gave it a thumbs up and he's dead!

Caboose: How can a man who's been dead for five years give a movie that hasn't come out a good review?

Coach: Silence! I'm waiting for him to announce my starring role opposite Carmen Electra and our twenty minute long uncensored sex scene that will be the selling point of the movie.

Northstar: I bet you're all wondering who I've got to act in the century's greatest blockbuster. Well, darlings, I've gathered a cast so impressive in it's stardom that it would send the cast of Cold Mountain into uncontrolled fits of jealous rage. Without further adieu I shall introduce you to the cast of "3 stages of hell". Max Blaze will be played by former "All my children" heartthrob, star of "Win a date with Tad Hamilton" and newest Hollywood hottie....Josh Duhamel!

(The women in the audience who know this man is start to shriek uncontrollably!)

Northstar: James Woods plays the evil promoter with a heart made of stone and a wallet as heavy as one.

Northstar: After a few last minute negotiations I landed Jenna Elfman to play the part of tough as nails, take no shit diva who's fallen hard for Max Blaze.

(Most in attendance pop at the mention of this A list actress)

Northstar: And lastly I've secured academy award winner for his performance in Savage Beach....BUFF BAGWELL!

(All in attendance boo the mention of Buff Daddy)

Northstar: The movie is being written by the ab fab beauty standing in front of you...moi. It is being directed by the man behind 2 fast 2 furious, Shaft and some movie about boys in a hood.....JOHN SINGLETON!!!

(The crowd can't even cheer before continues his painfully long speech)

Northstar: And starting next week...January eight 2004.......production will begin on "3 stages of hell". Each and every week, those who attend HeldDOWN will get the chance to be in a major motion picture. That goes for the audience, the wrestlers and yes Coach, the announcers also. Every arena we're in will be our movie studio for the week as he film the block buster of centruy...."3 STAGES OF HELL". Enjoy the show, cuties.

"1000 words" comes on and Northstar heads to the back, as neither the fans nor the announcers know what to make of this."

Cole: A movie? Here on HeldDOWN~! Did you know anything about this?

Caboose: I certainly didn't, but it looks like Northstar is trying to expose us to a wider audience.

Coach: At least it sounds better than Santa With Muscles...right?

(Uncomfortable silence)

Coach: We're screwed.

The cameras cut to the Underground locker room. Superstar, Gunner Sharps, and J. Arthur Edwards are sitting,

Superstar with his back to the door, the other two men facing him, listening intently. The three Underground

members appear to be discussing plans for the future. The door opens, and Hoff walks in, tire iron in hand.

Superstar turns his head, then rises, a smirk on his face.

SUPERSTAR
"So, you get the job done?"

Hoff's eyes are glazed over, a faraway look in them. Hoff simply drops the tire iron to the floor at Superstar's

feet. Superstar looks down at the weapon, then back up at Hoff. Hoff's face is still expressionless. Superstar

cocks his head to one side, waiting for a response. Getting none, he shoves Hoff slightly. Hoff doesn't move.

Gunner and J. Arthur move to get up, but Superstar motions them to stay seated.

SUPERSTAR
"What the hell is wrong with you?"

Hoff's eyes lower to meet Superstar's puzzled gaze.

SUPERSTAR
"We had a plan, remember? Our little setup? Get rid of the dead weight? Smashy smashy? Is any of this

getting through?!"

Getting no response, Superstar grabs Hoff by the jacket and shakes him. Hoff remains silent, eyes still glazed

over. Superstar's jaw hardens.

"I don't know what the hell your deal is, but you'd better tell me right now what happened."

Hoff closes his eyes.

HOFF
"It's done. I did everything you asked. If he can wrestle again, it'll be a miracle."

Superstar's features relaxand he smiles. In the background, J. Arthur and Gunner high-five and share a laugh.

Superstar nods approvingly.

SUPERSTAR
"Good, good deal. One less headache to worry about."

Superstar turns to sit back down, but Hoff grabs his arm. Superstar turns around, perplexed, slightly perturbed.

HOFF
"Don't forget, his blood is on your hands."

Superstar smiles an evil grin.

SUPERSTAR
"It's on yours as well."

Superstar's smile turns to a scowl as Hoff turns and leaves the room.

(Elsewherebackstage, where Josh Matthews is standing by, at the locker room door of the new X-Division Champion, AJ Flaire.)

JM: We are standing backstage, as I’m awaiting to get word from the new X-Division Champion, “The Phenomonal†AJ Flaire. (Josh knocks, AJ opens the door, wearing the belt around his waist.) AJ, just days after winning that prize at Bloodied, Battered, and Beaten, you must defend it again, in one of the most grueling types of matches for a champion I’ve ever seen, in the X-Box X-Division Top X Time Gauntlet Match. In order to make sure you go home with this belt, you basically have to fight for an hour straight against nine other guys, some of them twice!

AJ: Well, Josh, I would have fret about that a week ago. But, ever since I won this belt on Sunday night, I’ve realized exactly how precious being a title-holder here truly is. And I’ll do anything in order to keep ahold of this belt. Fight three other guys and beat them all twice in a row? I’ll do it! Fight nine other guys for an hour and beat them? I’m gonna do it! Whatever they throw in front of me, I’ll conquer, and keep this belt around my waist! If you’ll excuse me, Josh, I got a title to defend.

AJ walks off, as a voiceover from Michael Cole reminds us that when we come back, it's time for action. The X-Box X-Division Top X Hour-Long Time Gauntlet Match is NEXT!!!!

COACH: It’s now time for our huge main event of the evening. It’s called the X-Box X-Division Top X Time-Gauntlet Match. Here is the way it works: AJ Flaire, and a randomly-drawn first opponent will start off. Once someone loses a fall, the person who drew number three will rotate in for the loser. The same goes for number four, five, and so on. However, when the final man in the cycle loses, the match still continues. No matter what, once the hour concludes, the match is over, and whoever scores the final pinfall before the hour is up is your X-Division Champion.

MC: And remember, just this Sunday, at Battered, Bruised, and Bloodied, AJ Flaire realized his dream and became the top dog in the X-Division, defeating Sly Sommers in the X-Title Hot Seat Double Elimination Four-Way Dance. It was a really great moment, seeing someone who will truly represent that title for the people in AJ Flaire, get to realize his dream, and get his moment in the sun.

CABOOSE: Moment in the sun, my ass! It’s gonna be the shortest reign in history tonight! AJ’s gonna choke, and either Sly or Andrew’s going home with the gold!

COACH: Whatever you say, man. For the official ring introductions, let’s go to Howard Finkel.

FINK: The following contest is your main event of the evening, and is for the X-Division Championship! This is the X-Box X-Division Top X Time-Gauntlet Match, and it has a one-hour time-limit. The first competitor.....

(“Nitro†starts up, and Jacob Lyne from UGS comes out to a pretty good amount of cheers, despite his affiliation.)

MC: You cannot deny Jacob’s athletic ability, despite what letters he might lie with.

CABOOSE: Admit to it, you just have a man-crush on him, Cole!

FINK: The first competitor, from Dahlonega, Georgia, he weighs in tonight at 223 pounds, representing UGS, he is “The Role Model†Jacob Lyne! And his first opponent.....

(“Man In The Box†starts up, and out comes AJ Flaire, holding his X-Title belt in hand. He makes his usual lap around the ring, but instead of slapping hands, he lets the fans slap the gold.)

COACH: AJ Flaire, the fans’ champion!

CABOOSE: Look at him disrespecting the belt!

MC: Look at you disrespecting.....uh....your face!

FINK: From Atlanta, Georgia, weighing in at 210 pounds, he is your current X-Division Champion of the WOOOOOORLD!, “The Phenomonal†AJ Flaire!

The referee takes the belt, and holds it up for everyone to see. Lyne and Flaire shake hands, and then circle the center of the ring, while getting the crowd to clap rhythmically for them. Both men lock hands in the center of the ring for a Greco-Roman knucklelock. Lyne uses his size advantage to power Flaire over into a bridge. However, Flaire soon rolls onto his back, and kicks one of Lyne’s hands, making him break the lock on that side. Flaire kips up, and uses his momentum to reverse the other knucklelock into a reverse hammerlock. However, Lyne lifts his right foot up, lies it within the hammerlock, and pushes down to break the lock in an innovative reversal. Lyne spins around, and locks in a standing armbar. However, Flaire gets his head under Lyne’s armpit, and lifts for a Northern Lights suplex. But, Lyne lands on his feet, and now both men are bridging upward. They attempt forearming each other in the chest, but it’s not successful. Lyne then twists the lock around, and lifts for his signature brainbuster. However, AJ gets out of the suplex, lands on his feet, grabs Lyne, and runs forward for a state roll. Lyne blocks by grabbing the ropes, and sending Flaire flying backwards. Flaire rolls onto his feet, and runs at Lyne. Lyne shoves him off to the ropes, and Flaire nails a second-rope springboard. Flaire fakes a jump, which makes Lyne flinch. When Lyne stands back up, Flaire comes off the second rope with a back elbow, but Lyne runs forward to avoid. Flaire lands on his feet, and both men bump chests to start a staredown mid-ring, to a standing ovation from the audience!

COACH: That was one hell of a reversal-fest between two of the most athletically-gifted men in the business today!

CABOOSE: That stuff gets you nowhere! Now schmoozing, that stuff’ll get you straight to the top!

Both men go back to their corners, and then tease going into another Greco-Roman knucklelock. But, after getting one hand locked in, both men have the same idea, and kick one another in the thigh with their right leg. They then take turns with stiff thigh kicks four times around. Flaire then turns around the single-hand knucklelock, and bends Lyne’s fingers. Lyne smartens up after about ten seconds, grabs Flaire’s free hand, and bends the fingers in a knucklelock. Lyne then headbutts Flaire, and Flaire retaliates with the same. They go back-and-forth with headbutts three times. Then, Flaire rolls backwards out of the knucklelocks, and goes for a front kick. Lyne catches the kick, and flips Flaire. Flaire lands on his feet, and goes for a clothesline. Lyne tries to reverse the move into an armbar takedown, but Flaire stays on his feet. Flaire uses his free arm to shoot Lyne’s grip off, and grabs Lyne’s head for a Flatliner. But, Lyne stays on his feet as Flaire falls back. Lyne then runs to the ropes, and jumps over Flaire. Flaire pops up in the center of the ring, and attempts a hiptoss when Lyne comes back from the other end. But, Lyne lands on his feet, and nails an inverted armdrag that sends Flaire to the floor, as the fans applaud that sequence too!

MC: These two are possibly as evenly-matched as possible!

Flaire applauds Lyne’s work, and then slides back into the ring himself. Flaire runs at Lyne, who sends him off to the ropes. Flaire comes back, and nails a twisting armdrag. Both men come back up, and Flaire catches Lyne in a drop toe hold. Flaire then hops to a front facelock position. Lyne twists to get on top, and into a reverse hammerlock reversal. Flaire gets to both knees, with his face still buried in the mat, as Lyne has to stand to keep the move locked in. Flaire then crawls in between Lyne’s legs, and nails a schoolboy that Lyne rolls through, and follows up with a front dropkick to Flaire’s face! Lyne gets up, and nails a Muta-style elbow drop. Lyne goes for the quick pin.......1.......2....kickout. Lyne grabs the arm that Flaire kicked out with, and locks in a keylock. However, Flaire quickly bridges up, and twists to a kneeling position. Flaire then does a one-armed handstand, and pushes upwards, getting to his feet and out of the keylock. Lyne bounces to his feet, and Flaire runs at Lyne. Lyne side-steps Flaire, who then does a no-touch two-step springboard to the top rope, and backflips over Lyne. He then grabs Lyne by the armpit and elbow, and nails an impressive one-man T-Gimmick!

COACH: That was one heck of a takedown!

MC: Flaire showing off his strength on an unsuspecting “Role Modelâ€!

Flaire goes for the cover........1........2....Lyne pushes him off, and AJ rolls, with both men ending up on their feet. Lyne runs at Flaire, who kicks his feet out from under him, sending him through the middle and top ropes, and back-first onto the floor! Flaire then nails an impressive slingshot legdrop, onto a lying Jacob Lyne! After holding his ass in pain for a few seconds, Flaire tosses Lyne back into the ring, and goes for the cover........1........2.........kickout. Flaire pulls Lyne up, and whips him off to the ropes. Lyne ducks a clothesline, grabs AJ’s arm, and nails a whip reversal. AJ comes back around, and tries for a hurricanrana. But, Jacobs catches AJ, pulls him back up onto a horizontal position on his shoulders, and nails a Death Valley Driver. Lyne goes for the cover..........1...........2......kickout. Lyne gets up, steps back, and then nails his Running Shooting Star Press. Lyne goes for the cover........1.......2.......AJ gets his foot on the ropes. Lyne pulls Flaire up, and stands him in the corner. Lyne goes to the opposite corner, and then runs at Flaire. Lyne attempts a tiger wall flip, but Flaire grabs his legs, and flings him backwards, crotching him on the top turnbuckle. Flaire then pulls him down into the Tree of Woe, goes to the opposite corner, and runs at Lyne. However, Lyne uses his leg strength to pull himself up, hook AJ’s head, and nail an impressive push-back Ace Crusher!

MC: Whattamanuever!

CABOOSE: I believe the technical term is, “inverted Ace Crusherâ€, butthead!

Lyne goes for the cover.........1.........2........kickout! Lyne then stands on Flaire’s throat, and drops with a snap legdrop. Lyne pulls AJ up, and whips him to the ropes. Lyne goes for a forearm, but AJ grabs the arm, locks in a reverse hammerlock, but then grabs Lyne’s head, and drops him for an Edge-o-Matic, but with all the weight dropped on the arm. AJ hooks the legs for the pin.........1............2.........kickout. AJ then goes to the second rope. When Lyne gets up, he attempts a flying Flatliner, but Lyne drops him across his knee back-first. Lyne then turns AJ around, and locks in a Japanese Stranglehold Clutch (arms locked like a straitjacket, modified with a camel clutch). However, after about ten seconds, AJ gets to his knees, and pulls Lyne onto his face. AJ keeps ahold of Lyne’s hands, turns Jacobs around, and gets a state roll cradle, with the hands hooked.....1.....2...Lyne pushes Flaire off, going shoulder-first into the turnpost. Lyne then nails a schoolboy....1....2.....Flaire twists the arm used into a cross armbreaker of his own!

MC: Flaire’s noticeably working the arm of his opponent, which is a sound strategy.

But, Jacob gets to the bottom rope with his left foot. AJ breaks the hold, but tries to grab the arm again. However, Lyne is able to roll his leg back to kick Flaire in the back of the head when he bends over. Flaire goes down, Lyne gets up, and hits a flip legdrop. Lyne decides not to go for the cover, but signals for the finish. Lyne then goes up top, does the “flip†hand signal, and launches off with his Crop Circle (Shooting Star Legdrop)! But, Flaire moves, and Lyne hits nothing but mat! Both men back up, and Jacob walks right into AJ’s Fujiwara armbar! Jacob’s in the center of the ring, and has no choice but to tap out!

MC: A valiant effort by Lyne, but the X-Champion isn’t ready to let go of his crown just yet!

FINK: The next participant is Minion Nathaniel!

Nathaniel runs to the ring, and tries for a running clothesline on the unprepared Flaire. However, Flaire ducks the clothesline, hooks Nathaniel’s arms, and hits a sitdown backslide......1...........2...........3!

MC: That has to be a record!

COACH: Just like that, Nathaniel got his ass pinned!

CABOOSE: But the bell didn’t even ring!

MC: There’s no bells until the end, you moron!

FINK: The next participant is The Black Diamond!

MC: Not much is known about this newcomer, other than he’s been working for four years, independently, and has earned this slot tonight!

Diamond doesn’t make the same mistake that Nathaniel did, and starts off by applying a collar-and-elbow tie-up to Flaire. Diamond powers Flaire to the corner, and gives a clean break. Diamond and AJ then lock up again, and this time, Diamond locks in a hammerlock. Flaire twists and reverses to a hammerlock of his own, and then slams Diamond to the mat from that position. Diamond reaches up with his legs, and locks in a vertical headscissors. Flaire lets go of the hammerlock seconds later, and Diamond nails a headscissors takedown from the mat. Both men get back up, and Diamond nails a shoulderblock. Flaire goes down, as Diamond runs to the ropes. He jumps over AJ, and comes back from the other end. AJ then nails a deep armdrag, and goes for an armbar. However, Diamond escapes quickly, getting to his knees and nailing a single-leg takedown. Diamond then locks in a standing ankle crank. Flaire turns to his stomach, puts his ankle at the base of the leg that Diamond has in his clutch, presses down, and pulls Diamond into a headlock.

MC: We’ve so far seen a bit of British-style mat wrestling used by the competitors, no doubt due to the popularity of the style picking up on the US independent scene.

Flaire gets to his feet, but Diamond attempts to shove Flaire to the ropes out of the headlock. However, Flaire switches directions, and locks in a cravate. Diamond then attempts to lift Flaire up and slam him off, but Flaire holds onto the three-quarter chancery, and nails a snapmare. Both men get up, and Flaire connects with a high dropkick. Diamond crawls to the corner, where Flaire grabs him by the ankles and attempts to pull him out. However, Diamond flips and lands on his feet, and follows up with a hard clothesline. Diamond goes for the cover..........1...........2........kickout. Diamond pulls AJ up to his feet, and nails a Russian Leg Sweep. Diamond then stands up, and nails a Standing Moonsault. Diamond goes for the cover............1..........2.....another kickout. Diamond then attempts to pull Flaire up, but Flaire nails two repetitive elbows to the mid-section. Flaire then goes to the ropes, bounces off, and nails a deadly discus lariat. Flaire goes up top. When Diamond gets up, Flaire goes for Elegance (top-rope Shining Wizard). However, Diamond ducks. But, Flair lands on his feet behind Diamond, and nails a wicked step-up reverse enziguri, kicking Diamond right in the face!

MC: Innovation in droves by the X-Division Champion!

Flaire pulls Diamond up, and signals for the Good Taste. However, Diamond nails a backdrop to get out of it. But, Flaire holds onto Diamond for a sunset flip, which he stands up with while holding Black Diamond, hooks the arms, and nails the Good Taste! Flaire goes for the cover..........1........2....................3!

COACH: AJ Flaire has scored his third victory of the night!

FINK: Introducing contestant number five, the current WCW World Television Champion, Sly “The Sly†Sommers!

Sly runs into the ring, and immediately goes to work with three forearms to AJ’s back. Sly whips AJ off to the ropes, but AJ scores with a satellite flying headscissors, sending Sly to the outside. AJ runs, and attempts a no-touch tope con hilo. However, Sly moves, and AJ wipes out on the floor. Sly pulls him up, and throws him back into the ring. However, after Sly slides back into the ring, he wastes time by posing around. He then goes for the cover..........1............2.............kickout! Sly yells at the referee, and then gets up. Sly waits until Flaire gets to his feet. When he does, Sly attempts charging at him. However, AJ nails a drop toe hold, sending Sly face-first into the middle turnbuckle. AJ gets behind Sly, who’s stumbling around in pain. Flaire clutches Sommers in a reverse waistlock, and goes for a German suplex. However, Sommers wraps his legs around Flaire’s waist mid-move, and reverses into an inverted victory roll.........1..........2......kickout.

CABOOSE: See, this kid isn’t just all talk!

MC: We never said he was.

CABOOSE: But you were thinking it, for this I know to be true.

Both men get back up, and Sommers charges forward with a clothesline. Flaire grabs the arm, and jumps up for a crucifix pin. However, Sommers stays standing, and puts Flaire on his shoulders, in position for the Cut Day. However, Flaire rolls out, onto his feet, hooks his head underneath Sly’s armpit, and goes for a Northern Lights suplex. However, Sommers uses his momentum to halt the move mid-way through, and drop Flaire on his head with a DDT. Sommers rolls through while keeping AJ’s head hooked, and gets Flaire on his shoulders horizontally..........and nails the Cut Day, dropping AJ on top of his skull! Sly rolls into the cover..........1..........2..........3!

MC: After a four-man win streak, Sly Sommers has knocked AJ Flaire out, and put himself in the X-Spot of this gauntlet!

COACH: While AJ’s leaving the ring, we’ve got to take an unfortunate commercial break. We’ll be back in three minutes!

MC: We are back, here on HeldDOWN~!, and, when we last left you, Sly Sommers had just defeated AJ Flaire to knock him out of the X-Spot and be the fore-runner in this gauntlet.

COACH: As soon as we left you, Leon Rodez joined the contest. So far, this has been all Rodez.

Rodez whips Sommers off to the ropes, and nails a super-high standing spinkick. Amazingly, in one fluid motion, he spins around on one foot and nails a flipping senton. Rodez goes for the cover.........1.......2.....Sly kicks out. Rodez pulls Sommers up, and shoves him into a corner. Rodez then goes for a ten-punch.....1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9........Rodez takes time out to swivel for all the ladies, but Sommers takes advantage of the mental error, grabs Rodez’s legs, walks forward, and nails an inverted atomic drop. Sly comes off the ropes as Rodez is hopping around, holding his groin, and nearly knocks his head off with a lariat!

CABOOSE: That’s what you get for being an idiot and throwing your ridiculously huge penis out there like that!

COACH: Homo say what?

CABOOSE: What?

MC: BURN!

Sommers goes for the lazy cover.....1.....2....kickout. Sly gets up, and goes for a Ted DiBiase-like standing fistdrop. However, Leon rolls over, and Sommers connects with all mat. Leon hops up, and connects with an Oklahoma roll out of nowhere......1.......2........2 9/10.....kickout! Both men back up, and Rodez blocks a punch from Sly, and gives him one of his own, sending Sly flying back to the ropes. Sly bounces back, and Rodez puts Sly on his shoulders horizontally. Rodez then goes to a corner, runs forward, and nails an inverted Finley roll, combined with his signature running swanton. Rodez hops up from the roll, springboards to the middle rope, and nails a perfect quebrada. Leon goes for the cover.........1...........2.........Sommers kicks out. Rodez signals that the end is upcoming. Leon then pulls Sly to his feet, and whips him to the ropes. Sly bounces back, and Rodez attempts his signature spinning tornado DDT. However, at the last split-second, Sly hooks both of Rodez’s legs around his mid-section, hooks Leon’s head to break the front facelock of the DDT, and nails one hell of a cradle DDT! Sly goes for the cover........1.........2.......Rodez gets his foot on the ropes. Sly then goes to the second rope. When Rodez is able to get to his feet, Sly launches off. However, Leon just plasters Sly with an amazing superkick. Rodez goes up top, and signals for his finishing 450 Splash, Because the Lady Loves.

MC: This might be it for the former X-Division Champ, and current World Television Champion of a dead company!

CABOOSE: Shut up! Just like Elvis, WCW will never die!

Rodez blows a kiss to one of the women in the crowd, and takes a bunch of time on the top rope. When he launches off, Sly gets a burst of energy, and moves out of the way. Sommers pulls himself up as Rodez is laid out on the mat. He gets in position behind Leon as he pushes himself up. Sly then clutches Leon, and nails a snap version of his USA High Angle Backdrop! Sommers goes for the pin.........1........2.........3!

CABOOSE: That’s two down, and a crapload to go!

FINK: Introducing the next competitor, Scotty Static!

Static runs to the ring, but halfway down the ramp, some fan sticks out a sign and seemingly knocks Static out with it. The “fan†hops over the guardrail, and it turns out to be St. Andrew! He rips the sign to reveal a stop sign inside. The monster known as Gibraltar then marches from the back, and picks up Static by the throat. He then drags Static to the top of the entrance ramp, and tosses him with one hand into the wall, back-first! Gibraltar pulls Static up again,this time by the goozle, crosses himself, and nails a brutal chokebreaker, across his gigantic knee! Nearly the entire security force in the building comes out, and tries to order Gibraltar to the back, but he fights through them all with headbutts and punches. St. Andrew then simply points, and sends the man-monster to the locker room!

MC: That’s amazing, how much St. Andrew has brainwashed this juggernaunt of destruction, to just simply stick his finger out and be able to control him!

COACH: But why have they targetted the Global Party Exchange?

CABOOSE: I have no clue, but watching that pretty boy fly and die like that was fun!

MC: As wrong as that was, the referee has had no choice but to count this as a forfeit win for Sly Sommers.

FINK: The next participant........St. Andrew!

Andrew takes advantage of being close to the ring by casually strolling instead of running down the aisle like everyone else. For some reason, he simply stares at Sly when he walks into the ring, playing bizarre mind games. Sommers seems sort of freaked out for a second, but then charges at Andrew. Andrew side-steps, sending Sly stomach-first into the corner. Andrew then hooks Sly’s head, and goes for an early finish with The End. However, Sly lands on his feet behind Andrew, and tosses him over the top rope, and to the floor. Andrew gets to his feet, and Sly hits a pescado, wiping Andrew out on the floor. Sommers then tosses Andrew into the ring, and goes up top. When Andrew gets up, however, he knows what’s coming, and shakes the top rope to crotch Sly on the top turnbuckle. Andrew then goes to the second rope, and attempts a superplex. However, Sly nails two European uppercuts, and sends Andrew to the mat. Sly then scales to the top rope again. When Andrew gets to his feet, Sly goes for the same top rope lariat that he nearly decapitated Andrew with during the Parental Indiscretion match last week, but Andrew had it scouted, and rolled out of the way.

MC: Obviously, Andrew’s been studying up on his match tapes.

CABOOSE: What’d you think, just because someone is as brilliantly evil as Andrew, that he can’t go back and study his matches?

Sly lands on his feet, and both men run at each other. They do a quasi-doe-si-doe in the middle of the ring, switch directions, and come off of the ropes. Sly goes for a flying headscissors, but Andrew is somehow able to stop his momentum mid-move. He hooks Sly’s head while he’s upside down......and drops him with The End! Andrew goes for the cover........1..........2............3!

MC: I’ve got to admit, that was one hell of a reversal there!

COACH: I’ve honestly never seen that before!

CABOOSE: You also haven’t seen bare breasts in person, but yeah, very innovative move by my savior!

FINK: The next contestant, Minion Michael!

Michael runs to the ring, bows in front of Andrew, and lays down, flat on his back. Andrew pins Michael....1....2....3. Michael then crosses himself, and runs to the back.

COACH: Come on, what a ripoff!

CABOOSE: Brilliant, I say, brilliant!

FINK: The final participant in the first cycle, Mad Matt!

Matt limps out to the ring, and Andrew targets the leg of Matt’s with stomps as soon as he rolls into the ring. Andrew then drags Matt to the center of the ring by his bad leg, and locks in a figure-four leglock. Matt angrily tries to reach forward and punch Andrew, but bends his leg even worse every time he attempts to. The crowd gets behind Matt with rhythmic claps, and he gets the strength within to turn the figure-four around, putting the pressure on Andrew’s leg. Andrew quickly crawls to the ropes to break the hold. Both men get to their feet, and Andrew nails a low basement dropkick to Matt’s right knee. Andrew then picks up the right leg, and nails a series of seven repetitive front kicks to Matt’s leg. Andrew then drags Matt back center-ring by the leg, and locks in a half-crab. Matt screams in pain, but flips off the referee when he asks for a submission. Andrew then starts throwing punches at Matt’s knee to add to the pain, but Matt still refuses to give in.

MC: This is incredible!

CABOOSE: Yeah, yeah. I woke up this morning, broke my leg walking to the couch, still got up to get my breakfast, and pulled all my tendons there, and STILL had the strength to kill fourteen Commies in my front yard!

COACH: What in the hell....?

Andrew then hooks Matt’s left ankle behind his right knee, to create a version of CM Punk’s one-armed Texas Cloverleaf. Matt continues to scream in pain, and even gets a few feet forward to attempt and get a rope break, but Andrew’s grip is too tight. After over two minutes in the same hold, Andrew finally gives up, and drops the lock. Andrew kicks the bottom turnbuckle in frustration. Matt has to use the referee in order to pull himself to his feet. Andrew then runs at Matt, but somehow, Matt is able to duck the clothesline, and quickly hook Andrew’s arms behind his back. He then rolls Andrew forward, with his arms trapped and his shoulders on the mat...........1............2......................3!

MC: Whoa!

COACH: Somehow, someway, Mad Matt was able to subsidiate the extreme pain in his right leg to nail a quick double chicken-wing front cradle for the upset win!

CABOOSE: I demand a recount!

FINK: Going into our second cycle, re-welcome “The Role Model†Jacob Lyne!

Lyne jogs to the ring, but comes to a sudden stop when he sees St. Andrew getting a metal folding chair, and threatening him if he comes any further. Andrew then pulls Matt outside the ring, and starts to re-create the damage he perputrated on Sunday, destroying Matt’s knee with the chair. All of a sudden, AJ Flaire comes from the back, and runs St. Andrew off, into the crowd! The referee, a couple of EMT’s, and Flaire look over Matt’s knee, as the clock for this contest comes to a brief stop to get things settled. Flaire asks for a mic.

AJ: Listen, man, there’s no way you’re going through with this next match, with your knee the way it is. I’ll volunteer to take my slot early, and take Matt’s place.

MATT: (bleep) NO! You’re not screwing me over! I’m wrestling this piece of (bleep) right now! Get off of me!

MC: Matt’s ordering everyone off of him, and is somehow crawling into the ring under his own power!

As soon as Matt is able to crawl into the ring, the clock is re-started at 40:35. Lyne goes into the ring, a little wary, and tries to make sure that Matt’s okay. Matt yells at him, “Wrestle, you dumbass!†Lyne refuses, so Matt hooks Jacob in a small package.........1.........2.......Lyne kicks out, and kicks Matt in the face. Lyne then grabs Matt’s right leg, bends it across his left calf, and then hooks his right leg over Matt’s right ankle. Lyne then twists it over, into a really wacky lucha-style submission. Lyne twists and turns the lock, applying more and more pressure, until Matt’s body can’t take it any longer, and he passes out!

MC: I must applaud the intestinal fortitude of Mad Matt, holding out until the exact breaking point!

CABOOSE: That just means he’s an idiot, since, unless two guys battle for a really long time, he’s gonna have another turn coming up, and his leg will be as useful as Play-Doh holding Gibraltar’s huge ass!

FINK: Introducing the next contestant, “The Phenomonal†AJ Flaire!

Flaire runs to the ring, and sort of scolds Lyne for what he did. Jacob shrugs his shoulders and puts his hand out. AJ slaps it, and mouths, “Let’s do this shit again.†They go to their neutral corners, and then circle around each other. They go into a collar-and-elbow tie-up center-ring, and Lyne gets started with a front chancery. Flaire goes down to one knee quickly, and reverses with a fireman’s carry takeover. Flaire goes for a reverse chinlock, but Lyne quickly bridges to his feet and nails a snapmare. Lyne then goes for a Hennig neck snap, but Flaire rolls to his side. Lyne rolls forward, and both men pop up. Lyne runs at Flaire, and gets tossed over the top rope for his trouble. However, Lyne lands with his feet on the apron. AJ charges at Lyne, who then goes for a shoulder charge in between the ropes. But, Flaire avoids it by jumping over the top rope, and attempting a sunset bomb. But, Jacob gets out of that by slingshotting himself into the ring, and rolling onto his feet. Flaire slides into the ring, and runs at Jacob. Lyne sidesteps him, and Flaire comes off the ropes from the other end. Lyne bends over for a backdrop, but Flaire switches directions in mid-air and tumbles over Lyne’s back. Jacob turns around, and we have a stalemate!

MC: Again, another incredible sequence from two great wrestlers!

They slap hands, and then go into a Greco-Roman knucklelock. Neither man can power over the other, so Lyne hops upward, puts his feet on AJ’s stomach, and attempts a monkey flip. However, he can’t get Flaire over, so they end up with Lyne on his back, feet up, and Flaire laying stomach-first on top of Jacob’s feet, with their knuckles locked. Flaire uses the momentum from a forward movement to hop forward, but Lyne brings him back in with a sunset flip cradle........1........2.......Flaire rolls out, grabs Lyne’s legs, and attempts the Good Taste. However, Lyne crawls in reverse, and gets to the middle rope. Flaire lets go, and Lyne does a reverse skin-the-cat, ending up on the apron. Flaire charges at Lyne, and gets a shoulder charge to the mid-section for his troubles. Lyne then springboards to the top rope, steps with both feet on AJ’s back, hops up, and sends AJ to the outside with a great hurricanrana!

COACH: That was one heck of a move there by Jacob Lyne, sending his even advesary to the outside! You have anything to add, Caboose?

CABOOSE: Nah. I’m going to sleep. Lemme know when someone utilizes a choke, or pulls the tights.

Lyne then bounces off of the ropes from the other end, charges, and nails one hell of a corkscrew tope suicida, onto a prone AJ Flaire! Lyne then climbs up the guardrail, and slaps hands with a few fans. Lyne climbs down the guardrail, and tosses AJ into the ring. Lyne goes up top, and signals for the Crop Circle again. He flips, but Flaire kips up right before the landing. Jacob somehow is able to land on his feet, and AJ goes off to the ropes. Jacob leapfrogs over AJ, who then hits a handspring coming off of the other side. AJ backflips over Lyne, who then goes to the ropes. He bounces off, but AJ catches him with a tilt-a-whirl chestbuster. Lyne stays kneeled down, and Flaire springboards off of the second rope, turning around with a dropkick. Flaire goes for the cover............1..........2.........kickout. Flaire pulls Lyne up, and shoves him into a corner. Flaire lights up Jacob’s chest with four stiff chops. Flaire then forearms Jacob in the face, who stumbles forward. Flaire then springboards to the second rope, and attempts a Rewind ‘Rana. However, Lyne catches AJ, and nails one hell of a Running Ligerbomb!

COACH: Looks like Lyne might have AJ’s number!

1...........2............Flaire reaches up and grabs the bottom rope. Lyne rolls backwards, and grabs Flaire’s feet. But, AJ clutches the bottom rope with both hands. Lyne tries launching Flaire in the air by his bottom half, but AJ ends up reversing that with an inverted ‘rana, sending Jacob flying to the outside. AJ gets up, signals for something, and then runs to the opposite ropes. He bounces back, and catches Lyne, who had just gotten up, with an amazing no-touch twisting torpedo tope! Flaire immediately rolls Jacob back into the ring, but has to take a second to rest. When he gets rested up, Flaire heads to the apron. When Lyne makes it to his feet, AJ springboards to the top rope. However, Lyne ducks AJ’s flying martial arts kick. AJ lands on his feet, but Lyne turns him around, and hooks him in the brainbuster. AJ lands on his feet behind Jacob, and shoves him off to the ropes. AJ goes for a standing bodypress, but he flies at Lyne too close to the ropes, and, instead of falling backwards, Jacob ends up standing, carrying Flaire in a slam position. Lyne notices his position, gets to the center of the ring, and DRILLS AJ with the Lyne Driver! Jacob goes for the cover.............1............2................3!

MC: Jacob Lyne has just pinned the HeldDOWN~! X-Division Champion!

COACH: That was one hell of a win, and these two provided, yet again, some of the most back-and-forth action we’ve seen in a long time!

FINK: Introducing the next participant, Minion Nathaniel!

Nathaniel slides into the ring, angry about his quick loss in his last chance, and starts nailing stiff, stiff kicks to the head and ribs of Jacob. After about ten, he pulls Jacob up, and whips him off to the ropes. Nathaniel then connects with the Dropsault. Nathaniel goes for a quick pin.......1............2.........kickout. Nathaniel gets up, and connect with a snap legdrop. He pops up, and connects with another. Nathaniel then comes off of the ropes, and nails a third. Nathaniel goes for the cover....1......2....another kickout. Nathaniel attempts to pull Lyne up, but Lyne elbows Nathaniel in the mid-section twice. Lyne then comes off of the ropes, but Nathaniel catches him with a spinning uranage. Nathaniel then goes to the apron. He follows up with a slingshot change-of-direction legdrop. Nathaniel goes for the cover.........1...........2......kickout. Nathaniel pulls Lyne up, and puts him in position for the Beckoning (Widow’s Peak), but, after lifting Jacob over his shoulder, Jacob slips out of grip, and nails a sunset flip........1............2...........kickout. Both men pop up, but Nathaniel nails one hell of an STO takedown.

COACH: So far, Nathaniel looks to be avenging his earlier embarrasment quite well.

MC: Unfortunately, we must take our next-to-last commercial break of this contest. More to come with this situation, as HeldDOWN~! rolls on!

MC: We are back, here on HeldDOWN~!, and, for the past four minutes, it’s been all Nathaniel, using his quick feet to out-do Jacob Lyne, who already tonight has pinned the current X-Division champion of the world, “The Phenomonal†AJ Flaire!

COACH: And according to our official timeclock, sponsored, like this match, by X-Box, we have about thirty-two minutes left in this monumental contest!

Nathaniel pulls Lyne up, who he had just laid out with a wicked spinning wheel kick, and picks him up in slam position. He then hangs Jacob upside-down, in the Tree of Woe. Nathaniel goes to the other side of the ring, springboards with his back facing Lyne, and attempts the Arch-Angel (moonsault Van Terminator w/out the chair). However, at the last split-second, Lyne pulls himself up to a sitting positiion, and Nathaniel hits nothing. Nathaniel rolls over, onto his back, as Lyne scales to the top rope. He signals for it.........and the Crop Circle connects! Jacob goes for the cover.............1..............2...............3!

MC: Two wins in a role for the “Role Modelâ€!

COACH: I know Caboose is the one that usually mocks you, but that was a really lame pun. Nonetheless, Jacob Lyne is really shining here!

FINK: The next competitor....the Black Diamond!

Diamond runs into the ring, and immediately gets a baseball slide to the face, sending him back outside. Lyne then scales to the top rope, and waits for Diamond to get up. When he does, Lyne launches off and connects with a breath-taking 450 plancha! After about seven seconds of lying and clutching his ribs, Lyne gets up, and slides Diamond back into the ring. Lyne climbs to the apron, and connects with a slingshot senton. Lyne goes for the cover, but Diamond immediately gets his foot on the bottom rope for the rope break. Lyne punches Diamond in the face twice, but Diamond punches back. Both men get to their feet, and a punch-fest develops. Eventually, Diamond gets the upper hand, and is able to grab Lyne for an Irish whip. Diamond clutches Lyne on the way back, and basically hits an inverted version of the Side Effect. Diamond then backs up into the corner, and comes back with his own version of the Running Shooting Star Press. Black Diamond goes for the cover...........1...........2.........kickout.

MC: I’m sure that, since he performs the move regularly as well, that Jacob Lyne would know how to take it.

Black Diamond pulls Jacob Lyne to his feet, and whips him to the ropes. Jacob leapfrogs over Diamond, while at the same time hitting him in the back of the head so he’d be bent over. Jacob comes off from the other end, and nails a tremendous Idolizer (Running Flipping Tomikaze/Unprettier)! Lyne goes for the cover............1.............2............kickout. Lyne then attempts to pull Diamond up, but Diamond grabs Lyne’s left leg, scores an inverted Finley roll into a bridge pin...........1............2.....Lyne forearms Diamond in the chest, breaking the pin. Both men get up, and Lyne goes for a superkick. However, Diamond catches the foot. Black Diamond throws the foot up, but Jacob somehow does a superhuman standing front flip, and catches Diamond with a back elbow as soon as he lands on his feet. While Diamond is stumbling around, Lyne goes to the apron. He then springboards and connects with a missile dropkick, sending Diamond face-first into the middle turnbuckle.

MC: Great agility by Jacob Lyne! This kid really could be the future, ya know?

Lyne runs, and takes a seat on the top turnbuckle. He then hooks Diamond’s head in a cravate, and connects with his signature one-and-a-half flip twisting neckbreaker out of the corner! Jacob holds onto Diamond’s head, gets to his feet, hooks the arm, and nails a devastating brainbuster! Lyne hooks Diamond’s legs with his own for a small package...........1..................2...................3!

COACH: Jacob Lyne, innovating his way to another victory in the gauntlet!

MC: Indeed!

FINK: Ladies and gentlement, the next participant.....Sly Sommers!

Sly runs to the ring, sarcastically applauding Jacob’s efforts thus far. Jacob is about ready to throw a punch when Sly stops him, and says, “Dude, let’s do that technical stuff!†Jacob nods unsurely, as Sly sticks out his hand for a Greco-Roman knucklelock. Jacob reaches in for it, but then Sly switches hands. Jacob switches hands himself, and reaches out. But then, Sly pulls his arm in, and knees Jacob in the mid-section. He keeps ahold of Lyne, and nails a stiff right hand to Jacob’s jaw.

CABOOSE: Sorry I dozed off there. Man, that was just swell!

MC: Only you would think that.

Jacob flies back, and lands, kneeled by the ropes, with his throat across the middle rope. Sly then attempts a Bossman-like running guillotine jump. But, Lyne moves at the last second, and Sommers bounces off of the ropes, crotch-first. After about five seconds, both men get up, Sly holding his testicles. Lyne shoots for a waistlock, but Sly reverses by grabbing the right arm, and pulling Jacob in for a short-arm clothesline. Sommers then ridiculously kisses his bicep, and drops an elbow drop. Sommers does a lazy, lying cover.....1........2......Lyne grabs Sly’s arm, and brings him over for a crucifix pin.........1.........2.......kickout. Both men get back up, and Lyne nails a twisting sleeper drop. Lyne gets right up, and connects with a somersault legdrop. Cover............1..........2....kickout. Lyne tries to pull Sly up, but Sly sneaks in a crotch shot. Sly then puts Lyne on his shoulders Death Valley Driver-style, and nails a TKO. Sommers then goes to the second rope, and does a Davy Jones/Axl Rose-like “snake sliver†dance for no reason whatsoever. He then attempts a fistdrop, but he gave Jacob enough time to roll out of the way.

CABOOSE: Jacob has a rocket up his ass in order to move that fast! Check the anus, referee!

MC: I’m speechless.

COACH: So that’s why your name’s Caboose?

As Sly is holding his fist in pain, while on his knees, Lyne charges at him, and connects with a Shining Enziguri. Lyne hooks Sly’s available arm around his leg, and scores with La Magistral........1........2.......Sly tilts the roll so Jacob’s shoulders are on the mat.......1........2.........Jacob switches the cradle back to its original format..........1.........2.......Sly goes to his cradle.........1..........2.....Jacob goes back to La Magistral............1..........2.......Sly thumbs Jacob in the eye to break the cradle. Both men up, with Lyne holding his eye. Sly attempts to imitate Jacob earlier in the gauntlet, with the “jump on the back, then do a ‘rana†move. However, Jacob saw it coming, and reversed with a sitdown powerbomb. However, Sly’s arm convienently was outside the ring, so the referee broke the pin. Lyne pulls Sly out of the ropes, and catches Sly’s foot when he attempts a kick to the groin. He then locks the leg in a spinning toe hold, grabs Sly’s other leg, and rolls forward, into a lucha-style cradle.......1..............2.............3!

COACH: Jacob Lyne’s done it again!

CABOOSE: Isn’t that cradle banned in forty-seven states, including Alaska?

MC: No, you dimwit!

FINK: Introducing the next competitor.....Leon Rodez!

Rodez runs to ringside, and instead of wrestling, he goes to the second rope and swivels his hips to the females in the front row. Jacob comes up behind Leon, goes between his legs, and powerbombs him off of the second rope. Lyne goes for the cover..........1............2.....kickout. Jacob pulls Leon up, and sends him to the ropes. Lyne nails a straight-forward Hydeen Bomb, and goes for the cover again........1.......2.....kickout again. Lyne goes to the second rope, and waits. When Leon stumbles to his feet, Lyne attempts a tornado flatliner. However, Rodez turns it into a Catatonic-like takedown, or an inverted Hero Sandwich #2, dropping Jacob back-first across his knee. Rodez then turns Lyne onto his stomach, and locks in an inverted camel clutch, but with only one arm hooking the head, with the other arrogantly blowing a kiss to a lady.

MC: I usually like this guy, but the arrogance is getting to be a little much here,

CABOOSE: You like Leon Rodez? Flaming flame of homosexual flame!

Within thirty seconds, Lyne makes it to his knees, and Leon has to hold on with both hands. For some reason, Lyne starts to climb the corner. He gets to the second rope, and then grabs Leon’s head, over his shoulder. Jacob then drops down to the mat, in a brutal second-rope piggyback stunner (Dark City Street Cutter! However, Lyne’s starting to show weakness in his back, and cannot make the cover immediately. But, he does make it to his feet, and nails an incredible standing shooting star press right before Leon tries to get up! Jacob goes for the cover...........1.........2.....kickout! Jacob shrugs, and pulls Rodez up. Jacob goes for the brainbuster, but Rodez reverses with a state roll....1....2....Lyne pushes Rodez off. Rodez comes off of the ropes, and attempts a Shining Wizard onto a kneeling “Role Modelâ€. However, Lyne ducks the Shining Wizard, spins Leon around, hooks the head and arm, and nails a brainbuster. Jacob then keeps ahold of Leon’s head and arm, turns around, stands up, and nails a second brutal brainbuster in a row! Jacob goes for the pin...............1.....................2..................3! He got ‘em!

MC: Jacob Lyne has now worked through his sixth opponent in succession, the leader in total wins thus far!

COACH: He only has to hold on for around twenty more minutes in order to become the new X-Division Champion!

FINK: Introducing the next contestant......Scotty Static!

However, while the music’s playing, no one comes out. The referee starts to count down...........1!..............2!........3!......4!..........5!........6!......7!.......8!.........9!.........10! Scotty Static has lost this round via forfeit!

MC: Damn you, Andrew! Damn you, Gibraltar!

CABOOSE: It’s called human chess. St. Andrew just had to break out his star rook.

FINK: Introducing the next contestant.....St. Andrew!

Andrew runs into the ring, but gets three punches blocked in a row. Jacob then connects with three rapid-fire right jabs to Andrew’s jaw, and whips him off to the ropes. Lyne then connects with a really high elevated back drop. Andrew pops up, and Lyne dropkicks him over the top rope, and to the floor! Lyne then runs to the other side, comes off of the ropes, and nails a spectacular Flosberry Flop (no-touch dive, twisting directions in mid-air to a moonsault), landing on his feet! Jacob immediately tosses Andrew into the ring, and goes up top. Jacob then nails a twisting swanton, and goes for the cover.........1...........2....Andrew gets his foot on the rope. Jacob pulls Andrew up, and into the corner, as he holds his back in pain. Jacob then goes to the apron, and attempts a slingshot headscissors takedown. However, Andrew catches Lyne over his shoulder mid-move, walks forward, and nails a Northern Lights bomb, dropping Jacob on top of his skull! Andrew goes for the cover..........1..........2........kickout. Andrew pulls Lyne up, and shoves him in the same corner to hold him up. Andrew then hooks Jacob’s arm and head, and nails four rolling snap suplexes, going from one side of the ring, to the other. Andrew holds onto the suplex position when he gets up the next time, but hooks one of Jacob’s legs with his other arm. Andrew then nails a disgusting fisherman’s buster, dropping Lyne on his head!

MC: How can Jacob Lyne take any more of this punishment?!?!?!

CABOOSE: He can’t, and that’s what I like about this: St. Andrew is making the glutton for punishment pay with an overload of it! Ha ha ha ha!

Andrew crosses himself, and then goes for the cover.............1................2..........kickout! Andrew’s irate at the referee. Andrew then wastes about ten seconds arguing with the referee. While this is going on, Jacob pushes himself to his feet, and scores a surprise state roll from behind on Andrew......1.....2......Andrew pushes Jacob off to the ropes. For some reason, Lyne then catapults himself to a standing position on the apron. Andrew charges at Jacob, and Jacob connects with a shoulder charge in between the ropes. Andrew stumbles around, holding his mid-section. Lyne springboards off of the top rope, but Andrew turns around to nail a devastating STO takedown in mid-air! Andrew goes for the cover.............1...............2...........Andrew hooks the leg too far, and accidentally pulls Jacob off of his shoulders. Andrew then turns Jacob over, and goes for another pin.............1.............2...........kickout! Andrew cannot believe it! Andrew pulls Jacob up, and hooks his head for The End. However, Jacob connects with two punches to Matthew’s jaw, and gets switched to a front facelock position. Jacob then connects with a Northern Lights suplex. However, he’s not satisfied with that. He rolls through, and tries for something else.

MC: What could Lyne possibly be thinking? He had him pinned right there!

Lyne tries for another Northern Lights suplex, but Andrew punches him in the stomach to block it. Andrew switches his position, and attempts to pick Lyne up for a slam. However, Jacob slips out the back end. Andrew turns around, Jacob scoops him up......and connects with a vicious-looking Lyne Driver! Jacob hooks the leg for the pin.............1..................2..................3!

COACH: Yet again, the “Role Modelâ€â€™s pulled another victory out of his ass!

CABOOSE: I wish he’d pull a gun out of his ass and end his own misery!

FINK: The next participant...............Minion Michael!

No one comes out of the entrance when Michael is supposed to. But, all of a sudden, Michael sneaks out from underneath the ring, and forearms Jacob Lyne in the back of the head!

CABOOSE: Yet another masterful step from the Communion!

MC: That’s a bunch of bullcrap! He never left the ringside area!

COACH: Unfortunately, we must, must, MUST take our final commercial break! We will be back with the concluding ten minutes of this exciting Time-Gauntlet contest!

MC: We are back, and we had an elimination during the final commercial, as Jacob Lyne blocked Minion Michael’s Cycle To Nowhere attempt, reversing the Dragon suplex step of the move into a Dragon suplex of his own, dropping Michael on top of his head for the victory!

COACH: Mad Matt was supposed to make his entrance now, but we’re being told we must cut to the back right now, for something!

(Cut to the back, where Josh Matthews is standing in front of a set of EMT’s, trying to make Mad Matt lay still so they can pack his right leg correctly.)

JM: I apologize to interrupt this exciting contest, but I am here to give you an update on the status of Mad Matt, who’s being told by our HeldDOWN~!-employed doctors to lay still and forfeit the rest of his match. He’s giving one hell of a fight, but, final word is, he’s automatically forfeited this round. Back to the arena!)

(Cut back to the arena)

COACH: Sad news. However, with just eleven minutes left to go, we MUST go onto our next competitor!

FINK: Starting the cycle yet again, with ten minutes and forty-seven seconds to go, here’s AJ Flaire!

Flaire runs to the ring, ducks a clothesline, and nails a brutal bridging German suplex on Jacob Lyne.........1........2........kickout! Lyne is dazed on his knees, and Flaire runs to the other side. He comes off of the ropes, and nails a stiff-as-penis Shining Wizard. However, AJ nailed Jacob so hard that it knocked Lyne out of the ring. AJ slides out of the ring, and throws Lyne back into the ring. Flaire goes up top, and signals for Elegance. When Lyne gets up, AJ launches off. However, Lyne moves, and AJ falls flat on his face. Lyne then nails an Oklahoma roll.........1......2.......kickout. Both men are up, and Lyne catches a front kick from Flaire. He spins AJ’s leg around, and AJ comes back around with a climb-up enziguri, sending Lyne into the corner, stomach-first. AJ then bounces off of the ropes near the corner, and brings Jacob down with a hard lariat. AJ goes for the cover.........1...........2..........Lyne gets his foot on the ropes!

MC: After winning eight actual matches in a row, how much could Jacob Lyne possibly have left in the tank?!

AJ then signals for That’s Phenomonal, and puts Jacob’s head in between his legs. However, Lyne finds just enough strength inside to reverse it with a backdrop, inadvertantly putting AJ in the Tree of Woe. Lyne climbs the top rope on that side. However, as Jacob tries to find his balance, Flaire pulls himself up with his legs, and forearms Lyne in the ass. AJ then stands on the top rope, and locks Jacob in a waistlock...........Top Rope German Suplex! AJ leaps over for the cover............1.............2.............3!

MC: My lord! AJ Flaire just KILLED Jacob Lyne with that Top Rope German Suplex to eliminate him from the contest!

COACH: But nonetheless, a valiant effort from Jacob Lyne in his first X-Division outing, defeating ten guys in a row, eight of them in actual matches.

CABOOSE: Horray, horray, now where’s more action?

FINK: Coming to the ring........Minion Nathaniel!

Flaire pops up right as Nathaniel hits the ring. Flaire ducks two high front martial arts kicks, and shoves Nathaniel off to the ropes. AJ nails a savate kick to Nathaniel’s mid-section, hooks his arms, and nails a Tiger Bomb..........1...........2........kickout from Nathaniel. Flaire then pulls Nathaniel up, and tries to whip him to the ropes again. However, Nathaniel reverses the Irish whip, and nails an over-head belly-to-belly. Nathaniel then signals that it’s all over, which means he’s probably going for his finisher, the Eternal Damnation (Torture Rack into a Piledriver). He gets behind Flaire when Flaire stumbles to his feet, and puts him up on his shoulders. However, Flaire rolls off, lands behind Nathaniel, and forearms him as hard as humanly possibly in the back of the head. AJ then nails a Saito suplex (high angle side suplex) on Nathaniel. Nathaniel bounces off of the mat on top of his head, and lands on his knees. Flaire then hops to the top rope, and, from nearly three-fourths of the way across the ring, nails an amazing Elegance!

MC: I cannot believe what I just saw!

COACH: Amazing agility from “The Phenomonal Oneâ€!

CABOOSE: Are we on Mars?

Flaire pulls Nathaniel away from the ropes, and rolls him up for the pin..........1............2..............3!

MC: Just like that, AJ Flaire has defeated his second opponent in a row!

FINK: The next participant........The Black Diamond!

Black Diamond runs to the ring, but runs right into a step-up enziguri by Flaire. Flaire then pulls him close to the corner, and goes up top. Flaire attempts Extra Special (twisting 450), but Diamond rolls, and Flaire hits nothing but mat. Diamond pulls himself up with the ropes, and pulls Flaire up as well. He whips AJ to the ropes, and nails a stiff Yakuza kick to the face. Diamond then pulls AJ up, and tries for a power bomb. However, AJ somehow flips out of it, onto his feet. AJ puts himself in wheelbarrow position on Diamond, and goes for a bulldog. However, Diamond reverses the move, and drops AJ with a side suplex/backbreaker combination. Diamond then hooks AJ in a reverse DDT position, as he pulls AJ to his feet. Black Diamond then turns the move around, and connects with his signature Diamond Cutter!

MC: That’s might be it! This relative newcomer might have just won the match!

The referee goes down for the count...............1...................2..............kickout! Diamond doesn’t know what’s going on, so he goes to the second rope. Flaire stumbles up, and Diamond launches off. However, he catches Diamond in a front waistlock, and nails a belly-to-belly suplex. Both men back up, and Flaire catches a forearm attempt from Diamond. He then spends Diamond around right into a knee to the gut. Flaire then signals that it’s the end, and goes for the Good Taste. However, at the last second, Diamond hooks AJ’s ankles, and goes for a cradle.....1........2.....Flaire rolls back to his feet, and still has Diamond in position! He picks Diamond up, hooks the arms, and drives him down to the mat with Good Taste! Flaire goes for the cover..............1.................2....................3!

MC: One heck of a debut for the Black Diamond, hanging his own in there with the elite of the X-Division, but on most veterans’ best day, they cannot hang with the top dogs of this crew!

COACH: Yeah, props to Black Diamond!

CABOOSE: Shut up, he’s a loser!

MC: YOU’RE a loser!

FINK: The next participant........Sly Sommers!

Sommers enters the ring, and forearms AJ in the back of the head. Sly then hooks AJ, and nails the USA High Angle Backdrop! He goes for the cover.............1................2..........kickout! Sly then pulls AJ up, and puts him on his shoulders, horizontally, belly-up. Sly then nails the Cut Day! Sly goes for the cover.........1............2..........kickout! Sly cannot believe it!

MC: AJ Flaire has just kicked out of both of Sly Sommers’s finishers within seconds of each other!

Sommers then whips Flaire off to the ropes. Sly tosses AJ up, but AJ reverses whatever the move was with a dropkick, sending Sly down. Both men get back up, and Sly runs at AJ. However, AJ knew to get down low at the last second, pick Sly up by the back of his thighs, and throw him crotch-first onto the top turnbuckle! Sly’s seated backwards on the top turnbuckle, and AJ then goes to get him. AJ locks in the waistlock for the Top Rope German Suplex that he finished Jacob Lyne off with, but Sly knew it was coming, and nails four elbows in a row, knocking AJ off of the top rope, and crashing to the mat below. Sly then stands up, looks around nervously, and, completely out of desperation, attempts the first moonsault of his life! However, AJ rolls out of the way, and Sly hits nothing but mat! AJ uses the ropes to pull himself up, and drags Sly by the hair with him to the corner. AJ then scales to the second turnbuckle, and puts Sly in between his legs. He pulls Sly up, hooks the arms with his legs, and nails a devastating second-rope Good Taste!

MC: That’s gotta be it!

COACH: Wow, that was freaking cool!

CABOOSE: Wow, you’re freaking transsexual!

AJ goes for the cover............1...............2..................3!

MC: Again, I must admit, Sly Sommers, former X-Champion, and current WCW World TV “Championâ€, tried his ass of, and did well for himself tonight.

COACH: He did come close. But, to quote the late Gorilla Monsoon, “Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades!â€

CABOOSE: That’s it, Sly should have hid a horseshoe in his tights!

FINK: Coming down the aisle.....Leon Rodez!

AJ stumbles to his feet, and walks right into an explosive half-nelson suplex from Rodez! Rodez then goes for his elevated half-crab finishing submission, but AJ is able to roll himself out of position, and nail an inverted hurricanrana to bring Leon down. Both men back up, and AJ kicks Leon in the mid-section. AJ then puts Leon’s head in between his legs, picks him up, hooks the cradle, and nails That’s Phenomonal! AJ goes for the cover..............1...............2.........Leon kicks out!

MC: Leon Rodez just kicked out of the champ’s finisher!

COACH: With just five minutes left, these guys will do anything it takes to get the job done!

AJ pulls Leon up, and whips him to the ropes. However, Leon reverses whatever AJ was going for with one hell of a version of his super-spinning Tornado DDT! Leon then waits until AJ gets to one knee. When he does, Leon charges, and nearly knocks his head off with a Shining Wizard! Leon goes for the cover............1...............2...........AJ puts his foot on the bottom rope for a rope break.

MC: Flaire barely saved himself from losing his cherished title belt!

Leon then signals that he’s gonna finish AJ off. He sits AJ on the top turnbuckle backwards, and climbs to the top rope himself. Leon then goes for his signature Sunset Powerbomb. But, AJ punches Leon enough so that he can roll out of the move. While doing so, AJ clutches Leon’s head underneath his armpit, and picks him up when he hits the ground. AJ then runs....and drops Leon on his head with a devastating Air Raid Crash!

MC: We haven’t seen AJ pull that one out before!

AJ goes for the cover.................1.............2...............3!

MC: With just minutes left to spare, AJ Flaire has defeated yet another adversary on his way to keeping his gold!

COACH: But credit goes out to Leon Rodez, who, like Jacob Lyne and the Black Diamond, debuted in the X-Division tonight, and hung with the best!

FINK: Introducing the next participant, with three minutes and fifty-three seconds left in the contest.........St. Andrew!

COACH: I guess they aren’t even waisting time with giving AJ the forfeit win over Scotty Static!

Andrew runs down to the ring, but AJ ducks Andrew’s opening clothesline attempt. Andrew turns around, and AJ hooks Andrew’s head above his shoulder. AJ then climbs the ropes, and goes for the Sliced Bread #2/shiruani. However, Andrew clutches AJ in the air mid-move, hooks AJ’s head in a reverse DDT position....and nails a BRUTAL running version of The End!

MC: AJ’s gotta be DEAD after that!

Andrew’s slow to cover due to his cardio running on empty, but he eventually does.............1...............2.........AJ KICKS OUT! Andrew gets mad for a second, but then immediately picks AJ up, hooks his head, and nails the Decadence Drop (spinning Shellshock/inverted Flatliner)! Andrew goes for the cover..............1............2..........kickout! Andrew goes mad again! Andrew then pulls up the near-unconsious AJ, and hooks his head in a front-facelock. Andrew then hooks AJ’s legs around his own upper-torso, hooks AJ’s arms, and connects with the Sin Killer (cradle butterfly brainbuster)!

MC: This has gotta be it! No getting up from that!

Andrew goes for the cover..........................1................................2...............
..................KICKOUT! The entire place erupts upon seeing AJ Flaire kick out of that!

FINK: Two minutes remaining in the time limit, two minutes!

Andrew then grabs AJ, and locks him in a cobra clutch, obviously setting up for the Cath-Lock (camel/cobra clutch combo), but AJ somehow finds a way to twist out, and pull Andrew near him. He then picks up Andrew in a tombstone position, and nails a tombstone version of That’s Phenomonal! AJ goes for the one-armed cover........................1........................2.........................
............3!

MC: AJ’S DONE IT AGAIN!

COACH: We have around a minute left, and AJ Flaire has almost pulled the impossible: declaring victory over nine of his top contenders in an hour-long war!

FINK: Introducing the next participant....Minion Michael!

As Michael comes to the ring, Andrew limps to him, and tells him, “It’s not worth it. Fight another day. Get out now!†So, Michael goes to ringside, and steals Howard Finkel’s chair! Michael then slides into the ring with the chair, and waits for AJ Flaire to get to his knees. When he does, he plasters AJ with a chairshot that could probably be heard outside the damn building!

MC: Minion Michael has just gotten himself disqualified because that jackass told him to!

COACH: It’s a damn shame, it really is! And to think, Mad Matt, who, if the doctors let him, must be the only guy able to fight within this time limit, is gonna have a damn easy time, just pinning AJ and winning the title!

CABOOSE: Ha ha, AJ Flaire’s left for dead, and I’m on the edge of my seat!

MC: As am I, as is Jonathan! Everyone else in the building’s standing, screaming their lungs out!

FINK: With one minute remaining, the next contestant is.........Mad Matt!

(Cut backstage, where Matt fights off five EMT’s near the gorilla area, and starts to limp to the ring,)

MC: He’s gonna do it!

The camera follows Matt, who’s limping as fast as he can, but still very slowly, to the ring area.

With about half a minute left, Matt starts on his journey down the ramp. Halfway down the ramp, with about fifteen seconds left, he takes most of the casting that’s slowing him down off. Matt then painfully limp-jogs to the ring. With six seconds left, he’s hit the ringside area. He drags himself into the ring, and all he has to do is put his arm over AJ Flaire for the win..................

2...........................Matt gets his arm in the air.......

1......................the arm’s coming down...........

BUZZER!!!!

MC: Oh, my god!

COACH: That was a cliffhanger ending if I’ve ever seen one!

CABOOSE: Ha ha, the gimp got screwed!

As Matt lies on his back, mid-ring, in disappointment, balloons and confetti fall from the ceiling, and tons of fireworks ignite in the building, to celebrate AJ Flaire’s hour-long battle with both time and his top contenders, which he has somehow conquered!

MC: Wait a second...Matt’s not done!

COACH: What the hell....he’s rolled outside the ring, and is throwing chairs around like crazy! I think he’s even yelling, “It’s a conspiracy!â€

CABOOSE: The nut thinks that Northstar and Flaire are conspiring against him! Hell, I wouldn’t be too surprised to find that out myself!

MC: That’s a pretty damn ridiculous idea!

AJ Flaire has to hold himself up with the ring ropes, but stands as tall as he can, clutching his rightful possession, the X-Division Championship, as Mad Matt’s being taken away by ten security officers!

MC: This has been an insane way to start off the year 2004 here on HeldDOWN~!, with the first ever X-Box X-Division Top X Time Gauntlet Match, with AJ Flaire surviving, and holding onto his X-Division Championship!

CABOOSE: Let’s not forget that the monster Gibraltar, my pick for the man who’ll be dominating this company by January 1, 2005, declared himself the first participant in the OAOAST Royal Rumble on January 25th!

COACH: Yeah, that was huge news! But just think....as excellent as this match, and wild as this program was, this is just the first edition of HeldDOWN~! in the new year! I’m sure the antics will get wilder, the athletes will get tougher, and the in-ring action will get even more intense, if possible, as 2004 rolls on!

MC: For my broadcast colleagues Caboose and Jonathan Coachman, and all of us here at HeldDOWN~!, I’m Michael Cole, wishing you all a Safe and Happy 2004! See ya next week!